• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Travis Daniel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Does anyone know anything about these. I was at my local gunshop (Buckshot Guns) here in anderson and they had just gotten some in and I liked the way they felt. Also I thought it was a pretty fair price at $425. what do you think

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Got one but haven't shot it yet. Carry it everywhere.

It's much like it's little brother, LCP, my BUG.

Ruger's got some good things going, even there company stock (RGR).

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    $425 seems a touch high. Even Gander Mtn only has them priced at $399. Other local Indy shops have them as low as $369. A quick online search shows prices ranging as low as $337-$355, but then you add in shipping FFL transfer etc.

I handled on at a local store and really like it. Only wish it either had an ambidextrous safety or none since I'm a lefty.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I don't buy Ruger products until they have their first recall....lol. That said, you can get a brand new Kel-Tec PF-9 from CDNN for $199. That's what I carry. Most of the new Rugers seem to be just streamlined Kel-Tec designs anyway, IMHO.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I have had my LC9 for a while now, maybe 3-4 hundred rounds through it. Nice with less felt recoil than a PF9. The trigger has a long pull, something you have to get used to. Other than that it shoots well, I like it.

TVon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I purchased one about 45 days ago. I have about 700 rounds through it. It is very accurate. You do have to get used to the long trigger pull. Also, don't forget it has a left side only manual safety (as someone already noticed) and a magazine disconnect which most people complain about (there is a way to disable this if you don't mind voiding your warranty). As with any gun, you should put lots of ammunition especially your personal defense ammo through it before you EDC it.

It handles Winchester white box with no problem. I have had a few failures to eject with white box. It seems to happen only when the gun is hot.

I've had no problem with Winchester Supreme Elite Bonded PDX1 124g hollow points that I use for personal protection. Keep in mind Ruger says you should NOT use +P+ ammunition but +P ammunition is ok as long as it is not a "steady diet" (their words not mine)

Sellier and Bellot ammunition is not good in the LC9. It seems there may be some sort of issue with the primer. I would say about 20-30% of the time I was getting a failure to fire (light strike). I've found a youtube video saying the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0zb3YS0RAQ

In the end, I really like this gun.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    I picked up one at Midwest Gun Exchange for $330, but that was a very good on major sale price. Garandguy's price of $380 is a pretty fair price for the LC9.

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    OK, I have finally practiced with mine, both with target ammo as well as carry ammo.

The accuracy was much better than my LCP for the distance I was shooting at. Seems that the recoil was less with the LC9, so I contribute that to the "better" target engagement.

Still like them both.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    @Budsgunshop.com $389 NO TAX FREE SHIPPING!!
    So it's $410-$420 after the transfer fee after that most shops charge (usually $20-$30)
    Not really an awesome deal..... We need to check with our local guys first, lets keep our purchases local. Face it, if they go out of business there will be no one to transfer to.......Just my 2 cents...

holejack1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2009
    South West Indiana
    The trigger has a long pull

I was wondering if it had the same long pull the LCP had. I do believe I'll stick with my PF9 with decent trigger pull. The Ruger is basicly a knock off anyhow. Someone said they had some good things going for them, yeah, other people's gun designs.

Top Bottom