ATI92 (Beretta92 copy) AAR *pics* UPDATE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    So I picked up one of the ATI AT92 pistols from 21st at the last 1500. I wanted a suppressor host for a can that does not have a Neilsen Device and I decided on a Beretta (or similar). I went to the show looking for a used Beretta or a nice Taurus but I also wanted to get hands-on with the AT92. After looking at some really ragged-out Berettas and Taurus' that were in my price range, I decided to go with the AT92. The story I have heard is that the Turkish company of MKEK was manufacturing major components of the 92 under contract from Beretta. There was some bad-blood and Beretta canceled the contract but instead of MKEK destroying what they had finished, they re-branded them and ATI imported them to the US. I have also heard that Beretta has put a stop to this practice and there won't be any more of these guns.

My initial impression was "this is a Beretta", this thing feels, looks, functions and even smells like a Beretta. It's fit and finish is certainly on-par with it's counterpart from Italy and I can't find any discernible differences. While still at the 1500 I dropped the gun off with gunsmith Larry Hoskins (longshot308 on INGO) to have the barrel threaded. I just got the gun back today. (thanks Larry!)

So far I am impressed with this gun. Everything about it echoes it's Italian heritage, with one noted exception. This gun is stamped EVERYWHERE! There are prominent markings/serial numbers on both sides of the slide, both sides of the frame and on the barrel. The markings are ugly as sin, but hey, it's just cosmetic, right? Now I haven't had a shot to get this gun to the range yet, but when I do, I will update this post with a full range report. As for now, on with the pics!
    IMG_4705.jpg

IMG_4706.jpg

IMG_4707.jpg

IMG_4708.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

Last edited:

ewoodworth1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    ne indianapolis
    yes, this is a common feature that ATI's possess, they float which is very convenient for those that find themselves out on the water a lot. i carried mine on my last fishing outing to protect myself from the loch ness monster due to hearing of a recent sighting. any ways long story made short, after a few beers and a couple hours my coordination went out the window. i tripped over my tackle-box and by some act of god my beloved ATI fell into the water. thank god these things float. +1 to ATI!!!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Heck of a nice thread job! If I hadn't known what I was looking at, I wouldn't have guessed that was a cap.

Looking forward to your range report. Now you need to get some 20-round 92 mags for that bad boy!

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    That's definetly a nice looking copy! :yesway: Even with the plethora of stampings.

What exactly does a Beretta smell like though? I'm thinking of a delicous blend of tomato sauce, fresh out of the oven Italian bread, olive oil, pepperoni, and gun oil? :D

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Yes the trigger feels just like a Beretta. I have been told by multiple vendors (and read many places online) that parts are interchangeable. I know it uses Beretta mags...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The only reason I asked about the trigger is one review online claimed it was gritty and heavy, but they had a very low post count (while not an admittance of anything), maybe they got a bad one or didn't clean it out?

It looks absolutely phenominal! If it can take Beretta parts, I am all over that!

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The only reason I asked about the trigger is one review online claimed it was gritty and heavy, but they had a very low post count (while not an admittance of anything), maybe they got a bad one or didn't clean it out?

It looks absolutely phenominal! If it can take Beretta parts, I am all over that!

Well, Berettas have not exactly been known for their terrific triggers:): That said, the trigger is not gritty AT ALL but it is pretty long in DA, though not longer than the real Italian deal. I will hijack my dad's Beretta and fiddle with them side-by-side to get a good comparison going and report back. I hope to get to the range this afternoon to give the AT92 a whirl.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks for being the one taking the plunge with this pistol. Being a big fan of the Beretta 92 series it will be interesting to see how yours holds up. As long as they stick to the tolerances used by Beretta, it should be a great pistol.

Top Bottom