• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    I picked up my new G35 gen4 this afternoon. I was looking for a commander size 1911 and came across this and couldn't pass is up. I will take it to the range tomorrow and report back.

001.jpg

002.jpg

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Went to the range tonight. Functioned 100% with Remington ball ammo and Atlanta Arms and Ammo minor loads.

Changed the trigger over to a Vanek and installed a Trugrip.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Austrian slide... So what's changed? Austrian frame, too. Same as my 19 RTF2. The finish on mine looks like most Glocks I've seen over the years. The Gen 4 19 I compared it to had a duller, less-appealing (IMO) finish on its USA-made slide.

pierce195

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    New Castle
    Austrian slide... So what's changed? Austrian frame, too. Same as my 19 RTF2. The finish on mine looks like most Glocks I've seen over the years. The Gen 4 19 I compared it to had a duller, less-appealing (IMO) finish on its USA-made slide.

The finish on the American made slide is made with the different chemical process. The EFA would not approve the same process that Glock uses in Austria. It is still Tenifer on both slides, the American made is just a litter shade in the finish.

Top Bottom