• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I like the looks a lot, and being made in the same place as the RI sould mean good things.

That is my ideal size 1911, I wish there were more affordable options out there like this. Be sure to update us on what you think of it!

Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    As you know I am about to place an order for a 1911 and I saw this one in one of the catalogs. Please do put some through it and let us know what your thoughts are.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Looks pretty nice, and although I am a Glock guy, make no mistake I DO SO LOVE 1911's and the price on that looks appealing.

"ThatGuy"

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    im with ya karl, i love the feel of the heavier 1911 style pistols. plus, if you ever run out of ammo, you have a pretty good pistol wipping piece in your hand and not a light block of polymer

-karl

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    A Twin Pines cast Officer's Model? I'm skeptical, but I'm about twenty times bitten and the twenty-first shy.

They do need to be properly checked out before trusting, at least that's my experience. Both of the RIA 1911s I own have had a problem, easily correctable, out of the box. They are now reliable, but I wouldn't recommend them for someone who doesn't know how to or want to work on a 1911.
    :twocents:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I placed an order on Friday a High Standard Crusader Compact 1911.
    Comes with Novak Sights, Beavertail Safety and 3.5" Barrel, Mil-Spec Parkerized finish.
    These are made in the Philipines, in the same factory as the Rock Islands.
    [At least that's what my sales rep told me. :)]

I plan to use it as a carry weapon when I get up and around.
    Cost $424 delivered. ($402 + $22 shipping)
    I wanted one for my self and to use as a Demo to show customers.
    I don't like to recommend things I haven't tried.

I know you alot of Ya'll are Glock fans, but I like the solid feel of a metal frame. I also wanted something with the punch of a 1911 w/o the length.

I'll get pics when it gets here and do a review when I get it to the range.
    The pic below is a stock shot off the dealers web page.

I'll need to get some hogue wrap around grips for it and find a suitable holster.

I already have 2 other full size .45's, an Argentine Ballister Molina and a Rock Island 1911.

Let me know what you think.
    Karl

I'm very interested as I was thinking about ordering the Springfield Micro Compact - Let us know

How dependable is your other Rock Island out of the box ?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Hey Karl, got to love those little guns! I'm a big fan and collector of the little Detonics Combat Masters, but that High Standard looks pretty nice! Is the gun frame steel or alloy? What is the weight (unloaded)? What is the capacity?

Any plans to upgrade the grips to anything fancy? Nice wood? Maybe something special from Esmeralda? Or all out custom from either Wicked or, better yet from Joe Perkins at Outlaw Grips?

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Don't get me wrong, it still seems like a great deal to me, I would just have to add the safety. Micarta grips too, I love how those look on a 1911!

How much does a RI Compact "tactical" run in comparison? That is the only compact I had looked at in the past close in price.

doublebarrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 26, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Do that thing have a firing pin block in it? I'm think of getting a 1911 some time in the future, but I have to get one with a FPB. A gun that fires when dropped (SR-9, LCP), or anytime when trigger is not pulled by my finger, is unthinkable to me. I'm used to my Glock now...

The one I thought was the best for the money, STI Spartan, is NOT equipped with FPB. Don't know why people loathe so much about how it makes the trigger heavier. It can't be heavier than a Glock...

Top Bottom