• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Wow, talk about screwed up. Here we have a small town where the corrupt town council and the head of the local PD have overthrown the mayor (who came in on an anti-corruption platform) and declared a state of emergency. All because of a reporter who called them out on their corruption at a town council meeting (and found herself arrested for exercising her 1st Amendment rights). Can't help but wonder when the state or feds will come in. Sad thing is that this could happen in any town in this country. Wake up one day and there's been a coup.

The Quartzsite Affair | Strike-The-Root: A Journal Of Liberty

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I heard about this last night. I guess the mayor was elected to clean up that dirty town, and now the city council has thrown him out. I'm curious to see how this plays out

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ran across another story on the matter that mentions that the mayor has been to the state a number of times, asking for aid. Of course, he's received absolutely none and now the people he's accused of corruption are firmly in control. Looks like there's only one solution left to the mayor and citizens, at this point, since no outside help is forthcoming.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...mPjYZA?docId=037c14c2c0fd4aab8d84a27c45b2d803

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I see that the Quartzsite web site is down.

http://www.ci.quartzsite.az.us/

Coincidence? I think not.

Says it's exceeded its bandwidth. I wager a goodly number of folks have visited all at once and crashed the host server.

I sincerely hope the people of Quartzite deal with this if the state remains as apathetic as it appears that they have been. Perhaps that would humble those putzes.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I think they should have a Battle of Athens part Deux. That one ended well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)

Never heard of that one, awesome story, particularly the last bit, "The rifles borrowed from the armory were cleaned and returned before sunup." :rockwoot:

I am not aware of how many people might own firearms in Arizona, but I'll wager they could muster up more than those GI's did.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Never heard of that one, awesome story, particularly the last bit, "The rifles borrowed from the armory were cleaned and returned before sunup." :rockwoot:

I am not aware of how many people might own firearms in Arizona, but I'll wager they could muster up more than those GI's did.

I hadn't heard about it either. It was discussed in Unintended Consequences which can be found online. Great book. Another one I hadn't heard about was the MOVE incident in Philadelphia. You can wikipedia that one as well. Great story, and one that should be quoted more to show the value of the 2nd amendment.

Top Bottom