Police officer kills man for carving a piece of wood in public.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    We have always murdered Native Americans and gotten away with it, why should this guy be any different. Give his family some beads, blankets, and a bottle of cheap booze.

Imagine if the poor guy was carrying a GUN... OMG!!

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    WOW... i guess one way seattle can protect the people is by killing and with no one left in the city there then the know their streets are clean, im surprised he didnt shoot the woman for verbal assault which could hurt precious little his feelings and can send him home crying.

for all you old men who carve wood on here.... DONT GO TO SEATTLE

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    He says the guy wouldn't put it down and was carving on the board... no mention of threatening him... pointing it at citizens, anything... I thought tazers were used to force compliance?

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    what the cop thinks he was

sman15.jpg

what the cop really is

supertard.jpg

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I just don't understand how people like that idiot think, at all, perhaps they simply don't.

His line of reasoning had to be "WTF!!?!?!?! That guy has a knife in my presence!? I DON'T THINK SO!"

DFM914

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Avon
    That is murder! That cop should go to prison. He couldn't have used a taser,baton,pepper spray initially??? With him firing 5 rounds, he meant to kill him. Hope justice is served in this case.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The article says the guy was possibly deaf in one ear as well...He was also recently arrested for "exposing" himself to a staff member at the alcohol recovery home he was staying in, but they took him back in after the incident, because they didn't believe he was a threat. But it does make me wonder if the officer who shot him had interacted with his during his recent arrest.

I wish officers weren't trained that absolutely every non-LEO is a direct threat to their very existence. Police officers should keep the peace, not disrupt it.

kadetklapp

shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    West-Central Indiana
    Wow. Where to begin?
    I seriously doubt this was a case of "murder."

The camera shows very little.

You hear the officer repeatedly order the man to drop the knife. By repeating the command several times, it is my assumption that he did not comply. This could be for several reasons, but that's not the point.

The officer then opened fire on the individual out of camera view. I do not know if the man turned toward him with the knife, lunged at him with the knife, or just stood there like he was in line at the convenience store.

Being as this is a "gun board" I would hope that most of you posting in this thread are familiar with and understand the "Tueller Drill." If not read up-
    Tueller Drill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was taught this drill in the academy, as are most cops. Basically, a suspect armed with a knife can close a 21 foot gap in as little as 1.5 seconds and stab you before you even can get off a shot.

I do not know how close the officer was. I do not know what exactly provoked the shooting. I would hope that before you accuse someone in this incident of being a "murderer" that you would understand the legal definition of murder and that you were actually on scene and saw the entire incident unfold because I can't see anything on the tape that would lead me to believe that the officer was in the wrong....especially because of the way he was "walking."

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Wow. Where to begin?
    I seriously doubt this was a case of "murder."

The camera shows very little.

You hear the officer repeatedly order the man to drop the knife. By repeating the command several times, it is my assumption that he did not comply. This could be for several reasons, but that's not the point.

The officer then opened fire on the individual out of camera view. I do not know if the man turned toward him with the knife, lunged at him with the knife, or just stood there like he was in line at the convenience store.

Being as this is a "gun board" I would hope that most of you posting in this thread are familiar with and understand the "Tueller Drill." If not read up-
    Tueller Drill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was taught this drill in the academy, as are most cops. Basically, a suspect armed with a knife can close a 21 foot gap in as little as 1.5 seconds and stab you before you even can get off a shot.

I do not know how close the officer was. I do not know what exactly provoked the shooting. I would hope that before you accuse someone in this incident of being a "murderer" that you would understand the legal definition of murder and that you were actually on scene and saw the entire incident unfold because I can't see anything on the tape that would lead me to believe that the officer was in the wrong....especially because of the way he was "walking."

You can tell a lot about body language to begin with, he looks like a thug to me. Also the point, the victim here was walking, head down minding his business whilst carving on a piece of wood.

This cop was looking for trouble, plain and simple.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I would hope that before you accuse someone in this incident of being a "murderer" that you would understand the legal definition of murder and that you were actually on scene and saw the entire incident unfold because I can't see anything on the tape that would lead me to believe that the officer was in the wrong....especially because of the way he was "walking."

I didn't witness, first hand, on the scene, any Nazis killings Jewish people during the holocaust. Did it happen? Did they commit murder? :dunno: I guess I'll never know, you know, since I wasn't on the scene and all.

I don't know for sure, but I doubt this old disconnected drunk closed a 21 foot gap in 1.5 seconds. It's also crystal clear that the officer approached the guy, not the other way around.

Top Bottom