• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    I've never understood why people use his middle name to refer to him. It isn't real common to go around calling people by their middle name unless that is what they prefer. I suppose it is just the 'in' thing to do in an attempt to further the idea he is some kind of Islamic terrorist.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    George Herbert Walker Bush
    William Jefferson Blythe Clinton
    George Walker Bush

Obama himself uses the name. Supporter and opponents of Bush II used the appellation "W" referencing his middle name.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I suppose it is just the 'in' thing to do in an attempt to further the idea he is some kind of Islamic terrorist.

No just a stupid idiot lacking any and all common sense, and the worst President this nation has ever had the total displeasure to elect. By the way, my middle name is Allen, you can call me that anytime. Bill T.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    What's he going to do.. nothing, that's what.. he has no power when it comes to affairs of the Middle East... especially countries who have dictators.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I go by my middle name. :dunno:

After 4 prior generations of fathers with the same first, you run out of ways to abbreviate the name. Makes for some confusing family outings. ;)

Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    George Herbert Walker Bush
    William Jefferson Blythe Clinton
    George Walker Bush

Obama himself uses the name. Supporter and opponents of Bush II used the appellation "W" referencing his middle name.
    I always thought that was to distinguish him from his father. As for Bill, I don't ever recall anyone calling him Jefferson.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    The U.S. hasn't been the most successful in building Middle Eastern democracies. As in our own experience, it is the people who must revolt and carry the weight. These popular uprising we're seeing are probably best left alone. Many of those people resent the U.S. anyway. Hopefully radicals won't fill the vacuums being created.

Bill, what would you like to see the President do in these situations?

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    He's a talker. That's the only damn thing he can do.

He doesn't even do that. Mostly he reads from prepared statements. (i.e. Teleprompter). This is what happens to him when it takes a dump.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxxxGUeZtno"]YouTube - Obama Asthma Teleprompter Gaffe[/ame]

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    The Pres. can't really do anything here. He can issue statements, soundly condemn actions, issue embargos, slap their hands. Unless he's willing to commit troops (which is a HUGE mistake IMHO), he's on the sidelines just like us....just with much better intel.

Not a BHO fan by any means, but the dude's hands are tied.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Reports of jets attacking protesters

Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident - Yahoo! News

yeah, no thanks

Update: Two pilots defect to Malta because they were ordered to bomb civilians.

Where is Pres. Obama on this? Savior of the Free World? Where is the UN? Where is NATO?

Two Libyan fighter pilots defect, fly to Malta - Yahoo! News

This is causing a huge **** storm in Malta.. they are trying their best to stay out of it, but now.. they are smack dab in the middle of this problem.. good for those pilots to defect like they did.. who'd want to bomb and kill their own civilians? There is also rumor Khadafi has fled Libya.. true or not, who knows.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    We have had to deal with Libya a couple of times in our history, Early 1800's and in the 1980's. Right now, I don't see where it is in our national interest to become actively involved. Obviously, all of the upheaval in the Middle East bears close monitoring, but until American lives are in danger, it is best we play the wait-and-see game. At the most, we ought to be sharing any good intelligence with the Israelis. Right now, they are the ones that are potentially in the most danger.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom