Was I wrong??? (INGO hat spotted in Evansville)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    Was in Evansville recently for a conference. I usually don't go up to people and just shoot the **** out of the blue. Especially about guns or the like. Even though my intent wasn't to pry, he did wear a INGO hat!
    I mentioned I liked the website and I was a member. He looked at me as if I asked for his first born. "Mind your own F-ing business" he said. "just announce I have a gun you jack ***" I didn't even mention guns, I just said I liked the website. He did a great job announcing he had a gun though.
    I have a few choice words do describe this guy, and I hope you/he reads this!
    Was I wrong? I figured he had the hat on, it would be safe.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Did you notice the tinfoil sticking out under the jacktards hat?

I wouldn't waste another second thinking about it..

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    If he's wearing a hat that says INGunOwners.com on it, then he's annoucing it himself. He doesn't need to be getting pissed off that someone asked him about it. It was my impression that's why we have the INGO gear. Here's an idea though, if you dont want people to know you have a gun, dont wear apparel that says you have a gun. =/

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Well if he was wearing a hat that said "INgunowners.com" on it, I'd say you no more advertised his gun possession than he did. Hopefully this person will man up and at least explain himself.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I don't thing you did anything wrong. Why wear the hat if you don't want someone to know you are a member of the site? I would have approached him in the same way. Just mentioning the website at first.

He should know other member will approach him if he wears the hat. I agree with mrjarrell, sounds like a real tool.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i would like to see the other member speak up. if he wore the hat, then what's the big deal? why would you wear the hat unless you

a) wanted to ID yourself to other INGOers
    b) wanted people to ask you about it.

what would he have told you if you asked "What's INGO?" maybe he has a fake acronym already thought out. what a jerk.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    If I wear the hat/shirt, I expect other members to approach me. I agree that some discussions should use discretion and there is a time and place for talking about certain things, but the hat draws attention. I have found a lot of people that aren't aware of INGO ask..."What's that?" My response isn't "mind your f'ing business"....it's "Oh, INGO...you should know about them". It is certainly a community I am proud to be a part of!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I hereby revoke that piece of gear. If what you say is true, I' challenge that individual to post here. If you are the rude guy in question, PM me your addy and I'll buy the hat back personally...

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    Does wearing the INGO hat automatically mean that one is carrying or owns a gun.? I just thought it meant that you were a member. There are people on here, I'll bet, that are just thinking about owning. You just met a peculiar person. (me trying to be nice, he was a tool IMO)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Nope...you weren't wrong, I don't think.

I may very well have done the same thing. And I have, several times, at the Indy 1500.

-J-

husker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I wear my "INGO Tactical" hat a lot. It's not obvious that it's gun related, unless you already know what INGO is.
    But no one ever comes up and talks to me.... I suppose that might not be the hat's fault.

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    sounds like the guy just wanted to make a scene, if i was you i would have knocked him out of his chair just for acting like a dumbass.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Representing the Evansville crowd here I can say that this guy sounds like the EXCEPTION, not the rule. I would love to meet another member (for that matter I would love one of those INGO beanies) Pretty much everyone I know from this part of the state, gun owner or not, is a real decent guy. After all, this is GOD'S COUNTRY.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I wear a Detroit Red Wings hat. That doesn't mean I'm a goalie. Wearing an INGO hat doesn't mean you're carrying a gun.

That said, INGO is a pretty tight-knit group and fairly "specialized". I would agree that wearing the hat is something of a secret handshake and an invitation to say "hello". I've had more than one person ask me about it and they've ended up joining as a result of our conversation.

Top Bottom