• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I am planning to attend the indy 1500 gun show this weekend but have a question that I cannot find the answer too. I have purchased several guns in the last couple years and everytime I do I have a 3 day wait before I can pick it up. I do have a LTCH and I am not sure why the hold but I don't want to get to the show and see something I want and not be able to buy it. Any advice would be appreciated. :patriot:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There is no wait time in Indiana unless you get delayed when the 4473 is called in. Hang around and in a while I am sure someone will tell you how to get around being delayed.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Delays happen for a variety of reasons. Sometimes an issue with the system. Sometimes a person with a name the same or similar to yours has an issue, and further investigation is required to determine that you are a proper person.

I used to get delayed virtually every time I made a purchase. I have a REALLY unusual name, but a person in another state shares my name and caused issues for me. I finally broke down and got a UPIN, and that solved the issues.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Delays happen for a variety of reasons. Sometimes an issue with the system. Sometimes a person with a name the same or similar to yours has an issue, and further investigation is required to determine that you are a proper person.

I used to get delayed virtually every time I made a purchase. I have a REALLY unusual name, but a person in another state shares my name and caused issues for me. I finally broke down and got a UPIN, and that solved the issues.

this will work.
    if you are normally delayed, you will probably be out there too since the NICS check has to be done by all FFL's

b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010

^^This

As stated i too was delayed everytime for 24hrs . If you want to end this call FBI and ask for the V.A.F forms they will mail them to you, fill them out do the print card, mail packet back and bam you get a UPIN and it wont happen again.Took me 3 months total but well worth it.

geno2k

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Hope this not a dumb question, but what is a upin? I don't think I have heard of it before.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I am planning to attend the indy 1500 gun show this weekend but have a question that I cannot find the answer too. I have purchased several guns in the last couple years and everytime I do I have a 3 day wait before I can pick it up. I do have a LTCH and I am not sure why the hold but I don't want to get to the show and see something I want and not be able to buy it. Any advice would be appreciated. :patriot:

Simple... Buy from an individual instead of an ffl holder. No nics, no wait!

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I just entered UPIN in the FAQ search again and no results came back. I did however make it the FBI website and fill out and print the VAT form so now I just have to get finger printed and mail it in. Thanks for all the useful suggestions. Except for the ones about the mythical UPIN info in FAQ's.:):

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So you have to be a doctor to get one?

I did, it's usually unlike me to correct somebodies poor grammar or spelling.
    (itz unlik meh 2 koret sumboes poh gramer or spelin)

and get your UPIN

& thus for your failure to point it out you get these cookies.
    barack-obama-cookies.jpg
    :D

Top Bottom