• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Anyone ever found a gun? Years ago when my brother was 14 years old, he and his friend were walking along a country road and found a 22 revolver. I don't know what ever happened to it as his friend kept it. If you have found one, what kind and what did you do with it?

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    I found an old stevens crackshot or something along that line in the wall of my house when we were redoing the wiring and interior. I am still in the process of cleaning up. it just sits in the corner of a closet. Barrel is full of mud or plaster. the house started as a cabin as was built on to as the family got bigger. It was in the wall covered by old newspaper and plaster, between add ons from the original 4 rooms to the addon of a bedroom and laundry room. My great grandmothers sister lived here.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I found a Hi point 9mm in some bushes a few years back while working for a local landscape company. I didnt touch it and called the cops. It was in the bad side of town and kinda figured whoever put it there used it to break the law. I would have taken it but it just wasnt worth getting in trouble over. Come to find out the cop contacted me a few weeks later and it was believed to be involved in a crime and was stolen. Im glad I didnt take it home.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    My father found one on his property last year. It was in the woods in the creek bank and was pretty rusted. He has little to no knowlege about guns and said it was a handgun but has no idea if it was a revolver, semi, 22 or 45. He called the cops and they talked him into letting them take it "to dispose of it properly".

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If it appeared to be thrown down, I would be concerned that it might be evidence from a crime or stolen. The authorities should be contacted.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    You kind of have to wonder about a firearm that was purposely sealed up in a wall at one time too! There is likely a very interesting story to go with that one!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I found an old stevens crackshot or something along that line in the wall of my house when we were redoing the wiring and interior. I am still in the process of cleaning up. it just sits in the corner of a closet. Barrel is full of mud or plaster. the house started as a cabin as was built on to as the family got bigger. It was in the wall covered by old newspaper and plaster, between add ons from the original 4 rooms to the addon of a bedroom and laundry room. My great grandmothers sister lived here.

That actually reminds me of a friend in high school that hid a shotgun in his wall so his mom would not find it. When he was away at college, his mom sold her house and moved...

I bet one day someone will find that gun and wonder if it is tied to some old crime or something lol

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Who...me!? Find a gun? And kept it? Why are you asking me that? What are you accusing me of? I got that gun at a gun show, yeah, that's it, at a gun show. Why do you ask? Why are you looking at me like that?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Yes, 2.

During the 2005 Indianapolis Adventure Race at Eagle Creek, one of the early sections involved us bushwhacking along the reservoir along I-65. We crossed a small creek and made our way up a hillside to an area directly below the freeway at the bridge where it crosses Eagle Creek. While trudging up that hill, I spotted a small pocket auto that was pretty crusty. At almost the same time, my teammate spotted a cut down single shot 12ga. that was pretty clean. We retrieved both weapons and turned them into a CO later on during the race. Good thing there weren't any gear checks (special part of the race where they verify that you're carrying all required gear) during that period.

down3green

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 19, 2010
    Brown County

I did find one years ago. It was about 1976 and it was in an apartment complex driveway next to a speed bump. At the time I figured someone had it stashed and the bump knocked it loose. Some kind of 38 revolver, but I didn't study it much. Being young and naive, I called Memphis PD to come and pick it up!

Last edited:

railbug

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Noblesville
    My boss found a 1911 in his landscaping last year and turned it over to a state police officer down the street from him. I was not happy, he said it looked like a new gun.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    i found an M1 carbine in my grandparents closet a few years ago... well, what i thought to be an M1 carbine. apparently they used to make bb guns that looked almost identical.

buzz. kill.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    When we first moved out to our house.

When we first moved out to our house out in southern Indiana, We were playing with a metal detector, And found this in a field.. As you can see, I did not feel the need to call the police on this one,

Do not see any markings, other then on the base of the handle, there is the number "3536".. I have done nothing to clean the gun, and rust flacks come off when you touch it.. and have given up ever firing this one,

Just a part of the story, You can see at least one of the Balls has been fired. and 3 of the exposed chambers show ball and assumed powder. I do no see any caps, But you can honestly only see 2 nipples, And one of the nipples holds the empty (shot) chamber. Also there is no barrel wedge.

The caliber of the gun is either 36 or 32 caliber.. Because of the rusting, it is hard to get an accurate measurement with out removing rust..

knsps.jpg

aokkrt.jpg

2q8sjgl.jpg

2njefrq.jpg

k0obw8.jpg

alnmvb.jpg

20rmgkm.jpg

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I found a whole bunch of guns about 2 hours ago....but the damn guys a Orion Arms claimed they were the company's.....darn,darn,darn!!!

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I was involved in a WWII re-enactment on a military base about ten years ago. I was walking through some dense woods and spotted an M-16 leaning against a tree. There was no one else in the area that I could see, but I still thought it might be a set-up, so I didn't touch it.
    I used to know a gentleman who found an old WWII German MG-42 in the wall of a house he was demolishing. He turned it in to the ATF.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    When we first moved out to our house out in southern Indiana, We were playing with a metal detector, And found this in a field.. As you can see, I did not feel the need to call the police on this one,

Do not see any markings, other then on the base of the handle, there is the number "3536".. I have done nothing to clean the gun, and rust flacks come off when you touch it.. and have given up ever firing this one,

Just a part of the story, You can see at least one of the Balls has been fired. and 3 of the exposed chambers show ball and assumed powder. I do no see any caps, But you can honestly only see 2 nipples, And one of the nipples holds the empty (shot) chamber. Also there is no barrel wedge.

The caliber of the gun is either 36 or 32 caliber.. Because of the rusting, it is hard to get an accurate measurement with out removing rust..

knsps.jpg

Just send that to IndyGunworks here on INGO, he'll fix you right up. That looks like one of his many "before" pics.

Top Bottom