• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Good. I think it would awesome if every ammunition manufacturer did the same thing. Eventually if LEO wanted ammo in their mags then they'd have to load it themselves

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    While I agree with their stand on this it won't phase cuomo/ny at all. He'll pay double, triple, whatever it takes to get what the state wants and somebody will sell it to him. The taxpayers in ny might suffer some, but that's only assuming that he won't get the feds to pony up some of the cash in a grant of some sort.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Well wait, shouldn't all NY state LE agencies not being buying guns, ammo, magazines, etc at all?

Good point. I would say that they could just carry clubs like the old UK police, but I would imagine that those are considered uncivilized over there these days.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    After reading this I think I'll buy a box or two of Critical Duty. Good on Hornady for pushing back.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Not that I'm aware of.....

Cool move by Hornaday. Others following suit would be interesting. Maybe they'd have to switch to Russian ammo......the irony

Well, Boston had to buy Russian natural gas this winter because of the lack of pipelines to supply the northeast with U.S. natural gas. Ammo would just be the next step - pathetic.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    If all of the gun makers would take a stance like that we'd be somewhere. The problem is that I'm sure someone would sell out for a buck before any real good could come of it. Not enough pro gun > business/money people in the industry.

But that being said, I think I'll try and pick up some Hornady stuff this coming week.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Well, Boston had to buy Russian natural gas this winter because of the lack of pipelines to supply the northeast with U.S. natural gas. Ammo would just be the next step - pathetic.

It's more Russian conspiracy proof I tell ya! Funny thing, we'd have our own piepeline but these dumbasses didn't want to sell to other parts of the country. Now we'll have artic drilled gas. Hopefully we'll see the antipipeline, anti nuke plant people take a stand and use only firewood next winter. I love reminding and/or teachuing them that there's a nuke plant in Plymouth (Pilgrim) and Seabrook, NH (Seabrook). One is slated to close and the replacement plan is ???????? TBD.

(Note: Boston is not in New York and believ it or we are better off as gun owners than NY and CT. Only by a little)

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm trying to figure out why this is considered a "good" thing. If one assumes that Hornady is the preferred reliable round for officers in NYC, it's not the Governor of NY who is going to possibly pay the price for NY agencies going to their second choice. I guess I should be happy they don't make bullet proof vests.

How about because some companies are ethical enough to stand up and do what they can to assert that common citizens should be able to arm themselves as well as government officials and law enforcement officers? Or are common citizens’ lives somehow worth less?

By this logic, you should consider this hypocrisy:

Hornady Manufacturing and Federal Premium Ammunition are pleased to announce that the FBI awarded both companies with contracts for duty and training ammo. The contracts will run for up to the next five years.
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/fbi-hornady-critical-duty-federal-ammo/

Right?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Again...hypocrisy is a stretch. It would be hypocritical if, while Cuomo was urging financial blackmail of those companies that did business with the gun industry, they ignored the same actions by Trump. Trump's hardly been the rock we gun owners would have hoped for but he's not brow beating companies into cutting off financial resources to gun companies.

Top Bottom