• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    There is so much of this nation's history that just isn't taught in schools these days. The values that focus on God, Country, Family seem to be 'offensive' in the eyes of so many in our busy, distracted population. One of the draws of a web forum like INGO is the many like minded individuals who understand the value of their families, their faith, and have a sense of pride in their country and the freedoms it stands for.

A few years ago, TopHat45 spent a lot of time and energy training this young shooter. His wisdom and tutoring made this youngster ready to attend his first Appleseed. The education he received during that Appleseed, on April 19th of all days, was astounding.

Fast forward a few years and yesterday I got to watch him build his first AR (under IndyJohn's very watchful eye). Over the next few months we anticipate watching this youngster begin competing in NRA Highpower as a Junior shooter.

Over the past several years (as I count more and more grey hairs) I realize I've lost family members who were the anchors in our lives. I never intended to undervalue their input, encouragement, influence, or presence...but life was busy and distractions came in abundance. As my children creep closer and closer to the edge of the nest and begin to test their wings...I find that I still hear the voices of those lost loved ones deep in my heart. Strangely, the pride of watching my son build his first rifle brought back the waves of emotion tied to those things we value highly. It will be interesting to watch where this young man goes, and how well the rifle he's built serves him in that adventure...

IMG_0796_zpsx36ktedk.jpg

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sounds like deep down inside y'all have have stayed true to the traditions of God, Country and Family. Passing on that solid bedrock foundation to the next generation honors the investment made by previous generations. Awesome post OG :patriot:

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Wait . . . one can work on guns without an assortment of large hammers nearby???

LOL, no! One cannot work on guns without a large hammer. Under his right arm you will notice the yellow from the hammer. I was none too happy to hear the pounding coming from the two of them while working on my kitchen table! I was assured there would be no scratch or dent left in the wood but when the hammer came out I did my fair share of pacing...

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    LOL, no! One cannot work on guns without a large hammer. Under his right arm you will notice the yellow from the hammer. I was none too happy to hear the pounding coming from the two of them while working on my kitchen table! I was assured there would be no scratch or dent left in the wood but when the hammer came out I did my fair share of pacing...

My fiancé would use that as a excuse to get a new kitchen table.

UNLOCKEM

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Looks like you've done a good job of raising that young man so far. Keep up the good work and enjoy every minute of it. It goes by way too fast.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    You should have told them that if they dent the table with the hammer you'll use the hammer to dent them in return :D

The finished product. Counting myself, four INGOers played a part in this project.
    IMG_0803_zpsjzob7bp3.jpg
    Very nice

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Cannot wait to see some AARs of the young man using this rifle. And I'm so pleased that upper found a great new home.

:yesway:

i think he'll do a good job with the ar. it was always a pleasure helping him shoot benchrest, clay birds, as well as appleseed. great post by the way. daryll

You gave him a solid foundation to start from. For that we owe you a debt of gratitude.

You should have told them that if they dent the table with the hammer you'll use the hammer to dent them in return :)

This was a real concern. I have neglected my workbench in the garage to the point two people cannot stand at it side by side. The kitchen table was the next best option.

Top Bottom