James Yeager is a Douche-Nozzle, but he's right?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    No, James is not in this video. :):

Could it be that carrying a smaller gun in order to be comfortable and to "better conceal" is not the best decision? Is the belief "most likely nothing will happen," or should it be "likely, nothing will happen, but just in case..."?

[video=youtube;_2pSxrVIf_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2pSxrVIf_M[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I agree with the video (gulp)....

I remember an INGO'er was in the shop one day...We were talking home defense shotguns and I went on a rant as to how "most people would be best served using a Remington 870 Youth model 20 gauge as their home defense shotgun...Recoil is low, the weapon is handy, it's got a 22 inch barrel, a shorter stock and takes choke tubes so you can pattern your gun and choose the choke that your gun patterns the best. If the wife or daughter needs to pick it up in a pinch it's a weapon they can handle, etc.....etc...."

Jimmy looked at me, grinned and said, "Wow....That's what James Yeager says...For the reasons you just gave....I can't believe you and James Yeager agreeing on something, I mean like dead on agreeing...That's weird..."

It was a strange moment for me...I nearly shaved my head, bought a Glock, eschewed revolvers, and tattoo'ed my arms....Nearly...:)

Last edited:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I'm pretty comfortable CC my Glock 26 with two spare mags, its easily concealable and since I train with it I feel pretty confident in my abilities to defend myself with it. Not sure where this would put me with their thinking but at the end of the day I guess that's my decision to make and live with.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    James Yeager is a Douche-Nozzle

I am Dead Duck, and I approve this message! :patriot:

Look-
    Some of the good techniques I've heard coming from Yeager have all been old common sense info that my friends and I have already heard and been living by it long before this guy ever fired a BB gun.
    So why is it only golden when he brings it up? :dunno:

He just regurgitates what already existed, as his own.

So many great teachers out there just bursting great information and people still stand around the most obnoxious loud mouths.
    I guess because it works with salesmen so..........

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm no Yeager lover, but I am a fan of his vids.

If anyone is a douche, it's the guy in the vid above. I've watched enough of his stuff to unsubscribe from his channel, something I rarely do. I don't disagree with the loon's message in this vid, but I still can't warm to his **** poor mannerism.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I like Yeager, yea he is stubborn and a know it all but he is brutally honest and doesn't spew all the latest and greatest bs techniques and gear.

I carry a small compact that is 7+1 and I don't necessarily feel undergunned but when I have my M&P9 on my hip I do feel more confident in my carry piece.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm pretty comfortable CC my Glock 26 with two spare mags, its easily concealable and since I train with it I feel pretty confident in my abilities to defend myself with it. Not sure where this would put me with their thinking but at the end of the day I guess that's my decision to make and live with.

This was my thought as well. It would be very easy to tell someone that a pocket derringer is a waste of time if he can adequately carry and defend himself with a G26. I mean, just because the derringer doesn't print and is light to carry, is that the best choice when there is a better option? It's harder when you are comparing a G26 to a G17, though.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Why not carry all of the above.
    Isn't that why we have the BUG and the BUGs BUG? :dunno:

Granted, if you're swimming with a thong, it's difficult to hide it all. But not impossible.

It's also nice when your BUG accepts the same mags as your EDC.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm no Yeager lover, but I am a fan of his vids.

If anyone is a douche, it's the guy in the vid above. I've watched enough of his stuff to unsubscribe from his channel, something I rarely do. I don't disagree with the loon's message in this vid, but I still can't warm to his **** poor mannerism.

Agreed. His "Canik TP9sa, Bad Choice at Any Price" vid is a crock of horse pucks. Reviewing a gun that you have never fired, and making a blanket statement based on a single feature? And he thinks Yeager is arrogant?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The best choice would be a long gun, but it's inconvenient. Instead we compromise and carry a handgun. Where one draws the line on convenience vs. utility is subjective.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    I agree with the video (gulp)....

I remember an INGO'er was in the shop one day...We were talking home defense shotguns and I went on a rant as to how "most people would be best served using a Remington 870 Youth model 20 gauge as their home defense shotgun...Recoil is low, the weapon is handy, it's got a 22 inch barrel, a shorter stock and takes choke tubes so you can pattern your gun and choose the choke that your gun patterns the best. If the wife or daughter needs to pick it up in a pinch it's a weapon they can handle, etc.....etc...."

Jimmy looked at me, grinned and said, "Wow....That's what James Yeager says...For the reasons you just gave....I can't believe you and James Yeager agreeing on something, I mean like dead on agreeing...That's weird..."

It was a strange moment for me...I nearly shaved my head, bought a Glock, eschewed revolvers, and tattoo'ed my arms....Nearly...:)

Lmao...thats awesome

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have realized that a firearm is a compromise for me. From now on, I shall carry an ichokepeople, full accessorized for all personal combat functions.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I have realized that a firearm is a compromise for me. From now on, I shall carry an ichokepeople, full accessorized for all personal combat functions.

To make room on your belt, you may need to lose some of your knives..........and flashlights.........and signal flare.........and grappling hook.........and tomahawk........and boy scout...........

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    To make room on your belt, you may need to lose some of your knives..........and flashlights.........and signal flare.........and grappling hook.........and tomahawk........and boy scout...........

Don't forget that I have a significant amount of space on my belt.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

Some people have that ability with the real estate that their Sam Browne belt covers. Some don't.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I agree with this video.

Yeager, well, even though JY can be a bit (OK, a lot) arrogant, he makes good points most of the time. He is bat **** crazy not loving a 1911, but we can't all be perfect.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yep, agreed with both YM and JY on this one, and I practice what I believe.
    I carry a full size third generation S&W, and not just because that's the only handgun I have suitable for carry (my only other handgun is a 7-1/2" barrel .45 Colt Ruger Blackhawk!), but because that's still what I'd carry, even if I had more than just the two that I have now.
    It's the most capable, reliable (monotonously so), powerful (Robert Ruark had it right "Use enough gun.") gun for me.
    It's probable that so many folks carry rinky dink guns because they never bothered investing in a top quality carry rig.
    I have the best in class Kramer horsehide IWB, but there are lots of other great holsters out there now that allow full size autos to be comfortably carried IWB.
    Lose the Uncle Mike's "universal" holster and see what one made for your specific gun can do.

Top Bottom