• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Got my new OD CZ P-01 in last night and wanted to run a couple hundred rounds through her before I take it out with some friends tomorrow. I'm a member of Point Blank, one of the nicest indoor ranges in the Indianapolis area, so that's where I went. My desire was to make sure the P-01 fit my hand as well as the ones I've shot in the past and that the accuracy was where I wanted it. I spent an hour there, shooting in the range and talking to one of the range officers a bit and had a great time. I took my Rami as a backup, just in case I had issues with the P-01. Not that I expected anything, but as a former Boy Scout the whole Be Prepared thing is hard to shake :)

Here are some images from the trip. Overall I was very happy with the trip and with the P-01. I shot 195 rounds through it, of 3 types of ammo, Blazer Brass 115gr and 124 gr and Speer Lawman 124gr. I had no issues with the functioning of the gun at all and the accuracy was good. I think the sights might be off a tad, but the shooting slightly left could also be me getting used to the CZ triggers. I also shot 35 rounds through the Rami. The two 5 round shots, one set through the Rami and one set through the P-01 was the range officer who I let shoot both guns. All the target images below are from 7 - 8 yards.

First pic is a blank canvas mocking me:

Range%20Trip%201_zpsiyb4gpvu.jpg

Now this is how it should look:

Range%20Trip%202_zpsubvgu9ut.jpg

Here's my first mag through the new gun:

Range%20Trip%20First%20Mag_zps5zheezgg.jpg

Next are some closeups:

Range%20Trip%20Mag%204_zpszwivnish.jpg

Range%20Trip%20Mag%205_zpsx1vd7if8.jpg

Range%20Trip%20Second%20Mag_zpsjccu8hnz.jpg

Here's a shot of the target after 3 mags through the Rami:

Range%20Trip%20Rami_zpsblnxojhz.jpg

The above shots are all slow fire, shooting for accuracy. I should have taken some shots of the fast firing I did, but I forgot to. I'm not great shooting faster, but I did manage to keep all but one shot inside the circle on the 5 magazines I shot quickly. Much better than I normally do with my G19.

It was a great day at the range and I have to say I'm very happy with my newest gun:

P01_zps5vkxdzut.jpg

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Yes Sir, it is the OD green color that makes all the difference in the world. The OD's are much more accurate than the standard black.

Just kidding, you make small groups every time you shoot. Glad the new gun performed well for you. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on it next range trip to see if is magic for me.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Looks like fun! Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow!

Looking forward to meeting you as well!

Yes Sir, it is the OD green color that makes all the difference in the world. The OD's are much more accurate than the standard black.

Just kidding, you make small groups every time you shoot. Glad the new gun performed well for you. Can't wait to get my grubby hands on it next range trip to see if is magic for me.

Yep, it's all in the color :):

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Was that Saturday morning around 10AM?
    Shooting in lane 11 or so?
    We're you chatting with Zach, the young RO, about a love of CZ's when a gent about both your height sauntered over to say, "CZ, two of my favorite letters?"

It maaay have been me.

I was also enjoying my CZ 75D Compact in lane 8 (among a couple of items).

Enjoy! You really got me thinking harder about a P-07 as my next CZ. I was looking at one in the case after I was done on the range. I'd like to find or set up one for a suppressor in the future. My first foray into that realm.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We're you chatting with Zach, the young RO, about a love of CZ's when a gent about both your height sauntered over to say, "CZ, two of my favorite letters?"

It maaay have been me.

Enjoy! You really got me thinking harder about a P-07 as my next CZ. I was looking at one in the case after I was done on the range. I'd like to find or set up one for a suppressor in the future. My first foray into that realm.

Yep, that was me. Nice to have met you. I shot a couple cajunized CZ 75 Compacts on Sunday at a group shoot and now I'm thinking about one of those (for someday, not any time soon). I almost had a trade deal for a P-07, but it didn't work out. I shot one of those on Sunday as well and really enjoyed it. I have the P-09 as my nightstand / HD gun and really like it. Hope to see you at the range again sometime. I'm there almost every Saturday, though the time I go varies.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell

It maaay have been me.

Zack is my son. He's a great kid isn't he? He's so much like his father. lol.

He does love the CZ

Nice shooting OP.

Top Bottom