Why dose a good person turn into a 4 legged long eared draft animal in gun store

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    A gun store is a place you go to look at a gun you might like to buy. The guy behind the counter is facing you while you are on the other side facing him. He brings the gun you want to see out from the case sweeping your legs or his body. If he is good he checks to make sure it is unloaded. If you are smart you check to. No matter how he points it someone is in front of barrel. If he pointsit at the wall there may be someone on the other side, other sales people can be on either side of him, if it has a second floor someone can be over top of him. Customers can be left and right of the person interested in the gun. When the gun is handed off to the customer how can he not sweep someone. If you go into a gun store you will be sweep by someone else looking and handling the guns. So stop making yourself into a 4 legged long eared draft animal. Stay out of the store. If you go into the gunstore shut up about being sweep.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I'm almost paralyzed some places looking at guns because there is no place to point it. One shop I go in NEVER checks the gun before they hand it to you. I find it odd.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I believe I read on this forum, a post in which a member was concerned that any way he turned at the 1500...a firearm was pointing in his direction.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If people paid half the attention driving a car that we ask of people in gun shops, there would be many less road deaths each year.

I tend to agree that the "sweeping" comments tend toward the absurd.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    If a gun can't magically load itself and shoot someone, then how is accidentally sweeping with an unloaded gun a problem? How many people are swept by loaded guns daily when we carry? :popcorn: :owned:

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Why can't you point the gun at the ground when handing it off? No one gets swept then. Seems pretty simple. :rockwoot::dunno::popcorn:

I know a gun shop here in No. Indiana that has its showroom on the second floor, so keeping the firearm pointed at the floor endangers the folks below.

BTW, ever consider where your hands are when loading a front loader?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If people paid half the attention driving a car that we ask of people in gun shops, there would be many less road deaths each year.

I tend to agree that the "sweeping" comments tend toward the absurd.

^^winner^^

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    I went to Rajo`s Monday with a friend who bought a Taurus revolver. The guy behind the counter not only checked to make sure it was not loaded, but pointed it down toward the floor when he handed it over. Very good service, I was impressed.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Seems like only boring people are online right now. No one is starting a fight over this thread. They must have gotten it out of their system with that other sweeping thread.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Seems like only boring people are online right now. No one is starting a fight over this thread. They must have gotten it out of their system with that other sweeping thread.

I hate sweeping in a gun store. First off, its boring. I came to look at guns, not brooms and some sort of a rock with handle. Second off, its INCREDIBLY dangerous. I almost slipped on the ice three times just trying to see if there was any .38 in stock. It was so unsafe, I took a picture and then immediately left, slipping twice more and falling over one of those handled rocks.

images

That, Sir, is NO WAY to behave in a gun store.

Top Bottom