• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My wife and I recently bought a repo, and we are in the process of making it liveable. I was tearing out a room in the basement that was obviously used as a gun room (shelves were marked for cleaning supplies, round type, etc). As I'm tearing down a wall, I noticed that there was some foam at the top by the ceiling. I pulled it down and noticed a cylinder. I pulled it out and realized that I was holding a silencer that was attached to a 1911 style barrel. I dug around some more and found a silencer attached to a .22 barrel and a bag of baffles. I called the sheriff's department and they came and picked them up. Kinda wish I could have legally kept them...

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I wish I would have thought of it, but I was nervous as all get out, because I don't necessarily trust police/prosecutors to act in my best interest. Would a copy of the police report work?

I almost came to the house to get a hold of VUPDblue to find out what I should do to cover my rear, but I ended up calling a friend who is a class three dealer.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I wish I would have thought of it, but I was nervous as all get out, because I don't necessarily trust police/prosecutors to act in my best interest. Would a copy of the police report work?

I almost came to the house to get a hold of VUPDblue to find out what I should do to cover my rear, but I ended up calling a friend who is a class three dealer.

I would of shot them then called the next day.:D

The police report would be cool to see.:rockwoot:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm not completely sure. They had no serial numbers on them, but they looked very well made. The fact that they had no serial numbers on them made me think they weren't legal. I did find the previous owner's list of guns, complete with serial numbers and assumed value. He/she figured they had over $24,000 worth of guns. There was no mention of silencers though. The police did not get the list...

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Wow, that is a very interesting find; should have snapped pics!

At least you did the right thing, but I would have called my lawyer first - LOL.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    HowardCountyPoliceReport.jpg

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Wow, that is a very interesting find; should have snapped pics!

At least you did the right thing, but I would have called my lawyer first - LOL.
    Damn skippy !!!! You LOL, but i deffinetly would have called a lawyer before the law........
    gonna be iteresting to see whom the rollers say were in possesion of said items :twocents:
    GOOD LUCK :n00b:

Top Bottom