17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Cheap out on a trust? Maybe if all you have is a can.
    $25K spent on rare machinegun
    $2K for a nice safe to protect MG
    $200 transfer tax
    $300 yearly cost of insurance

No way would I cheap out on a trust for said MG

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Cheap out on a trust? Maybe if all you have is a can.
    $25K spent on rare machinegun
    $2K for a nice safe to protect MG
    $200 transfer tax
    $300 yearly cost of insurance

No way would I cheap out on a trust for said MG

Point taken. But if you are poor like me and just want to say.. SBR a rifle.. you can use a Trust for that, I assume?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Roadie, you can use a trust for any NFA items, as far as I understand. I think the point he was making is, when you have more than just one stamp, and some items are that expensive, don't cheap out just because it's cheap. Get one that you KNOW is done right or that you KNOW someone else will help you fight if it winds up in court or denied.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Roadie, you can use a trust for any NFA items, as far as I understand. I think the point he was making is, when you have more than just one stamp, and some items are that expensive, don't cheap out just because it's cheap. Get one that you KNOW is done right or that you KNOW someone else will help you fight if it winds up in court or denied.

Understood. I will be going cheap, if I can go at all lol, unless I win the lottery :)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    That's the one I used 3x now. All 3 still pending though. I've compared it to a couple others and it appears to be well written.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County

Are you saying if you hire Grant or another "live" attorney, that future legal fees to defend said trust is included in the original cost of the trust?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Are you saying if you hire Grant or another "live" attorney, that future legal fees to defend said trust is included in the original cost of the trust?

I used Grant and was very happy. No, this doesn't pay for legal representation, but he did let me know that if I needed NFA advice, he would help me out. To me, having the ability to talk to an attorney experienced in NFA issues is well worth the few extra bucks.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Not at all. I AM saying that if it winds up being challenged for any reason, they are going to be the most likely to help you out, not financially, but most likely to take the case.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I see what you mean. Is Grant on this site? Have you guys ever known of a trust being challenged, and if so, what was the outcome? I am new to this trust stuff........but been wanting to get one even though I have nothing with a stamp.

Thanks

liston1972

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2014
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I see what you mean. Is Grant on this site? Have you guys ever known of a trust being challenged, and if so, what was the outcome? I am new to this trust stuff........but been wanting to get one even though I have nothing with a stamp.

Thanks

Please feel free to email me at liston@carsonboxberger.com or call me at (260)423-9411 with any questions. I hope all is well - Grant

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    No No No No..

The recently released a pretty in depth and lengthy report, as did a few lawyers that weigh in on it. Right now there is a good deal of trusts that all have the same beneficiary on their trust cause a group of people copy and pasted the information and didn't change everything they needed too.

Top Bottom