• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I will be staying in a hotel for one night this coming Friday night and I was wondering. Though Indiana carry licenses are not recognized in Ohio, does a hotel/motel stay count as sort of a "temporary dwelling" to where a person could legally keep their gun during their stay? (but only within the room, obviously)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I see a little non-communication going on here. For the record Ohio doesn't recognize your Indiana LTCH. Period. You can open carry without a license. Don't conceal on your person or have it loaded and in reach in your vehicle! You're not covered!!

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Okay, so let me see if I'm understanding what's being said here correctly...

My Indiana LTCH is obviously not recognized in Ohio, meaning I cannot conceal-carry or "carry" in my vehicle (locked up, not immediately accessible). But Ohio DOES have "Constitutional carry", i.e. open-carry for residents and non-residents alike with no written permit or license.

So I cross the Ohio border with my gun in the trunk, I get out of my car at a gas station, destination, what have you, I retrieve my gun from my trunk to carry, as long as it's carried visibly outside the waste band, shirt, jacket, etc.

Am I nailing this correctly?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Just one more point: I think Ohio cleaned this up but you used to have to have the pistol visible and not on you inside the vehicle but had to have it on you when you stepped out. That was a dangerous and confusing situation which made you handle your weapon. Does anyone know for sure if that is a thing of the past?

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Okay, so let me see if I'm understanding what's being said here correctly...

My Indiana LTCH is obviously not recognized in Ohio, meaning I cannot conceal-carry or "carry" in my vehicle (locked up, not immediately accessible). But Ohio DOES have "Constitutional carry", i.e. open-carry for residents and non-residents alike with no written permit or license.

So I cross the Ohio border with my gun in the trunk, I get out of my car at a gas station, destination, what have you, I retrieve my gun from my trunk to carry, as long as it's carried visibly outside the waste band, shirt, jacket, etc.

Am I nailing this correctly?

And this is stupid, but it's true. In Ohio, while the gun is locked in the trunk, the mags have to be empty. They will call it a loaded gun if there are shells in the mag even if the mag is in a different part of the car.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom