• ...and so much more!
  • gunrights

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    South Bend
    Did the title catch your attention? Good

I've been receiving messages periodically, by e-mail, Facebook and twitter asking me if it's true that Indiana will stop issuing lifetime carry licenses at the end of 2012.

Each time I'm told that a gun dealer or employee of the gun shop has told them that it's true.

Does anybody know why someone would be giving out such false information? I Could understand if I have received one of these but apparently it's not an isolated incident.

Is somebody passing around some false information by way of e-mail possibly? I personally haven't received anything but sometimes things like that can cause this kind of interest.

Any Ideas?

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I am sure Kirk will be along shortly to take your deposition. I believe he is heading up the investigation into this to find the root source.

No ideas other than to keep spreading the truth.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "I heard it from a friend who
    heard it from a friend who
    heard it from another
    you were messing around..."

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I heard George Soros owns Cerberus who owns The Freedom Group who owns Remington. With that and the end of the lifetime licenses in 2012 the apocalypse is truly upon us.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    yes it is true!!! make sure you tell them to buy 3 or 4 of them so they can either sell them or use one in their next life

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I heard the government is going to start rationing bacon. They can't get enough pork, or enough of porking us!

Hoosier.Patriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Did the title catch your attention? Good

I've been receiving messages periodically, by e-mail, Facebook and twitter asking me if it's true that Indiana will stop issuing lifetime carry licenses at the end of 2012.

Each time I'm told that a gun dealer or employee of the gun shop has told them that it's true.

Does anybody know why someone would be giving out such false information? I Could understand if I have received one of these but apparently it's not an isolated incident.

Is somebody passing around some false information by way of e-mail possibly? I personally haven't received anything but sometimes things like that can cause this kind of interest.

Any Ideas?

I think that they're going to stop issuing the lifetime licenses in 2012 because the Myan calendar says the world ends in December ;)

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    I think people are so used to the system depriving them of their rights that they think the CONCEPT of a lifetime LICENSE to carry a handgun is completely alien. Big Brother surely wouldn't approve of something like THAT!

Every day I wake up, it feels like I'm living the next Orwell novel.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Utter paranoia, wanting to have something to say. Kirk claims to have traced it back to a court clerk, but honestly I think it is just something that anyone might come up with on theory own. "oh, you only have a four year? I have a lifetime. They aren't going to keep offering the lifetime after this year, so I am in some way superior to you"

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I have heard **** like this around Evansville and it is always second and third hand information.

Probably a few misinformed morons who are too lazy to try to look things up for themselves and just have to spread this juicy tidbit of insider information. The ignorance of some people is astonishing.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    No one is saying never, just not right now. There would have to me legislation proposed, written, voted on, passed through a committee, passed by both houses of our legislature, then signed by the governor.

I think we would know about it if that were to happen especially considering I have friends in both the house and the senate.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I think I overheard it from some guy who heard it from a guy who used to be an animal control officer in another state, that all the lifetime LTCHs will be converted to ten-year LTCHs, unless they were issued in an even-number year, and then they'll be five-year licenses. And starting Monday, the state will only issue 6 month LTCHs, and you have to pass a literacy test first AND swear an oath of allegiance to Dick Lugar.

Or I might have dreamed it. Or not.

:runaway:

I think that covers it all? ;)

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I heard the government is going to start rationing bacon. They can't get enough pork, or enough of porking us!

over_the_line_walter_lebowski_skiffleboom.jpg

Top Bottom