• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How often do you actually carry your firearm?

• Total voters

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    Ideally I would like to carry from the time I get up in the morning until I lie down at night.. Unfortunately work prevents this. I do carry pretty much everywhere I go minus work though. I would say I fall somewhere between options 2 and 3. So how about you?!

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    daily routine for the gun and holster is: gun and holster from bedside table to hip, gun to the glovebox (I know, I should take the holster off too), holster on my desk for 8 hours, holster on my hip, gun into the holster, holster and gun to bedside.

If I don't have my gun on me, I'm either getting out of the car at work, on school property, or on my way to the courthouse. I usually carry past the "no firearms" signs unless they are on a place that carries weight (aforementioned school and courthouse), or if I see pat-downs/wandings (BLF, Klipsh, etc...)

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    I work from home most of the time, so that isn't a problem, but I do have kids in school and I have to fly fairly frequently. I checked the most of the time box, but would have been more accurate to say "whenever legal".

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Except for inside schools and other areas gun-free by law, I carry pretty much everywhere when I go out. Too lazy to carry inside my own home, but there's always a gun close there.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Everywhere it's legal. Including work. :shady:

The only time I'm not carrying is when I'm asleep or working out at the gym, then it's locked up in the locker. I am actually considering getting a fanny pack holster to rectify this.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I voted bacon.

I carry almost everywhere, and sort of have to for work. However there are exceptions. Foreign travel, swimming, that sort of thing. Minus those were its illegal or extremely impractical, I carry.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I said all of the time no exceptions because I do carry at work sometimes but should put caveat of wherever legal as I travel for work a lot and at times I can't take it with me due to state laws.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Everywhere it's legal. Including work. :shady:

The only time I'm not carrying is when I'm asleep or working out at the gym, then it's locked up in the locker. I am actually considering getting a fanny pack holster to rectify this.

That will feel great on a treadmill. Purple if needed, I don't know your fanny pack, or treadmill.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    Except for inside schools and other areas gun-free by law, I carry pretty much everywhere when I go out. Too lazy to carry inside my own home, but there's always a gun close there.
    I'm acutally to lazy to take off my gun when I get home. :)

The only times I don't carry is when I'm asked not to people who's houses I go to (I respect their rights too), or where it's illegal to.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I said all of the time no exceptions because I do carry at work sometimes but should put caveat of wherever legal as I travel for work a lot and at times I can't take it with me due to state laws.

This is pretty much my situation. I carry everywhere but the gym, the shower, on the rare occasions I'm around a school, and inside the airport. Beyond that, it's from when I get up, to when I go to bed.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I'm acutally to lazy to take off my gun when I get home. :)

The only times I don't carry is when I'm asked not to people who's houses I go to (I respect their rights too), or where it's illegal to.

Carrying in the home is just as important as carrying in public if you ask me. If you are watching TV in the living room and your gun is sitting on the dresser in your bed room and someone barges through the door your gun is not gonna help you.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Everyday, all day. Except when working in places that would get me locked up for having it on me, which is rare, and I don't feel comfortable until I have it back on me. I've bought three handguns trying to find the "one" that I'd carry all day, every day, and it's as much of a part of me as my vehicle, wallet, keys, cell phone ect. only far more important.

Edit: Can someone help a newb out and explain the reoccuring bacon references?

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    Everyday, all day. Except when working in places that would get me locked up for having it on me, which is rare, and I don't feel comfortable until I have it back on me. I've bought three handguns trying to find the "one" that I'd carry all day, every day, and it's as much of a part of me as my vehicle, wallet, keys, cell phone ect. only far more important.

Well a poll isn't a poll without a bacon option.. At least that's what I've been told. Most of us INGO'ers are infatuated with bacon and we will bring it up any chance we get, and even if we don't get a chance we'll bring it up. Ha

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

I'm NOT 100% sure about this but...I was told when INGO was first formed that the name was a toss up between INGO and Indiana Bacon Lovers. "IBL or INGO". INGO has a ring to it so Fenway went with that name. There were/are some bacon Die Hards that just can't let go and will resent the lack of bacon option in any poll.
    It's ok cause they'll all eventually die off and let this be a gun owner's forum again.
    I think most of those bacon people hang out talking politics and stuff. They don't seem to own guns 'cause they never talk guns, just liberal bacon politics. (Forgot how to use purple)

Top Bottom