• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    • A 1997 high school shooting in Pearl, Miss., was halted by the school's vice principal after he retrieved the Colt .45 he kept in his truck.

• A 1998 middle school shooting ended when a man living next door heard gunfire and apprehended the shooter with his shotgun.

• A 2002 terrorist attack at an Israeli school was quickly stopped by an armed teacher and a school guard.

• A 2002 law school shooting in Grundy, Va., came to an abrupt conclusion when students carrying firearms confronted the shooter.

• A 2007 mall shooting in Ogden, Utah, ended when an armed off-duty police officer intervened.

• A 2009 workplace shooting in Houston, Texas, was halted by two coworkers who carried concealed handguns.

• A 2012 church shooting in Aurora, Colo., was stopped by a member of the congregation carrying a gun.

• At the recent mall shooting in Portland, Ore., the gunman took his own life minutes after being confronted by a shopper carrying a concealed weapon.

425666_10151295735662726_1275947269_n.jpg

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I would really like to see links to stories for each of these events. I would also like to see some proof of the stats in the picture. I know a lot of anti-gunners and know I'll get questioned for proof of these stats if I copy this post.

However, here's a post that I created on fb yesterday (no purple on fb, but surely you understand where the purple should be used):

Here's a crazy thought, instead of everyone jumping on the bandwagon for more gun control, how bout we start controlling the media? How about if we make a law that says the media can never print the name or post a picture or tell the life story of the moronic cowards that perform horrific acts? Stop putting it in print and forever talking about the people and maybe that will curb some of the lunacy. Instead, let's talk about all of the good things that people do in life. Imortalize everyday heroes. Have stories about people helping the elderly, or children, or doing things that make a positive difference in the lives of others. Make people do good things in order to become famous and we might just make the world a better place. Oh wait, my idea would trample on your right to freedom of speech. Nah, let's just ban guns and I'll just let you trample on my right to defend myself instead.

Last edited:

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    My question is where was the media coverage for these stories? Seems to me that the media is more focused on the bad things that happen.

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    I'm minimizing my digital footprint and just refraining from posting on facebook (still message friends though). If this crime had been committed with a knife, bomb, or someone had just run over a bunch of kids with a truck, everybody would ask "What is wrong with this person?" Use a gun though, and it's because of 30-round mags, "military style assault weapons", etc. I tried to use the China thing to show it happens everywhere, and was told, "yeah but nobody died." I'm sure when the guy was stabbing some kid that kid was thinking to himself "Could be worse, at least I'm not getting shot."

Weird times. Wonder what sort of craziness we'll see until after 12/21...

Top Bottom