• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I need to gauge the interest on a trapping class.We have Jim Mcintyre the area 9 DNR state instructor willing to teach the class.You would also gain your Indiana certification of class completion for trapping.For those who do not have it he also teaches the basic hunters education classes.
    The set up would involve a Friday-Sunday camping/class. He would like to set a trap line Friday.Everyone could arrive Friday and camp out.He has a few locations with private property,and a few public we could access for the class.The actual class would start Saturday morning.After the class the students will run the line and see what was trapped from the Friday set! Then the students will get to set traps of there own.He would like to do both water sets,and land sets.He will be providing all traps.Then on Sunday the students get to go out and check the traps they set! He is also going to get into survival trapping in detail.
    All of his instruction will be FREE.Most likely this will be on private property. I would ask we treat our host to a steak dinner(gift card possibly)and be sure to leave the property better than when we arrived.The date is still open for input,but we where thinking of late June.
    *This would probably be in Brown County.
    I have meet Jim and there is probably no better instructor in the state of Indiana for trapping.There is no "limit" on class size,but I think if we get 20-30 that would probably be best.
    Input needed :)

Last edited:

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    I think that would be great. I could bring 13 people of my own group (maybe more) depending on date.
    I am also hoping to participate in the TacticalDave/esranger outdoor survival course.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Never done any trapping before, would be interested for sure. Planning a weekend camp and trap or a "day camp" type of thing? As far as dates go just about any weekend works for me, don't get off until 5pm on Fridays though.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Never done any trapping before, would be interested for sure. Planning a weekend camp and trap or a "day camp" type of thing? As far as dates go just about any weekend works for me, don't get off until 5pm on Fridays though.
    The plan is for the entire weekend.Those who could only attend the class it will be on Saturday and anyone would be welcome even if they could not stay the entire weekend.

Top Bottom