• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Hey all:

I'm going to be taking some clothing down to be given to a Henryville family that lost their home in the tornado.

It's the sister and brother-in-law (and two daughters) of a college friend of mine.

If you're in the Greenwood area and would like to donate clothing / toiletries, I'm volunteering to take it along with me.

What this individual family cannot use will be given to others. I've been assured that all can and will be used.

I have no idea at all if gift cards would be appreciated? Perhaps the more generic "VISA" cards, if you're so inclined?? :dunno:

Please PM me ASAP if you're willing / able to donate anything for me to take. I know that community will greatly appreciate it.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'll be heading down early afternoon on Sunday; after church. I can't give you a specific time, unfortunately. I hope to be on the road before 2:00pm.

As far as sizes: Anything and everything will be used. I was told that "mom" and two daughters are size 8-10. That's as specific as I can get.

Evan: any chance of the hotel having some "extra" toiletries to send?

-J-

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    My father and I just donated about 10k in money and 4,300 in food and water to henryville borden also clearing the streets from trees and cars. Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims. I will be returning up there tomorrow morning to help out also have some friends donating cloths and food to the red cross.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok Jared I was able to gather a meager box of clothing and a few extra goodies. They are mostly men's shirts L and XL, a few hats, some pants (tactical pants even! :D), some socks, a few magazines, and a couple of small toys. Many of the clothing items are brand new with tags still on them.

Its not much, but I hope your contacts or their neighbors will be able to put them to quick use. I'm donating the items on behalf of the Staff and Members of INGO, and have therefore included an INGO patch. :ingo:

2vrwhe9.jpg

Call me when you wanna stop by the hotel in the morning. I'll be in at 7am.

:patriot:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Ok Jared I was able to gather a meager box of clothing and a few extra goodies. They are mostly men's shirts L and XL, a few hats, some pants (tactical pants even! :D), some socks, a few magazines, and a couple of small toys. Many of the clothing items are brand new with tags still on them.

Its not much, but I hope your contacts or their neighbors will be able to put them to quick use. I'm donating the items on behalf of the Staff and Members of INGO, and have therefore included an INGO patch. :ingo:

Call me when you wanna stop by the hotel in the morning. I'll be in at 7am.

:patriot:

Fantastic!

I'm rolling out of bed at 7 to head your way. Should be there before 0730!

Thanks!

And thank you to all of you who've donated

INGOers who've donated things for me to take:

indytechnerd
    esrice
    MontereyC6
    hoosierdoc
    shooter1054

Thanks, gentlemen!!!

-J-

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ok Jared I was able to gather a meager box of clothing and a few extra goodies.

Wow, that seemed like a wide shot from your camera. Are you like 8 feet tall? Nicely done on the swag donations. It will probably decrease looting to fill the region with firearm shirts.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Items delivered yesterday afternoon!!!

Family of 8 moved back in with her mom & dad near Memphis (just a few mins south of Henryville). Their house, near Henryville, isn't there any more.

Gave the "non gun" mags to the mom first...then she saw the G&A and her eyes lit up "Oh! The boys will love that!". I didn't know how they were going to react to it so I wanted to run it by "mom" first. They then said that they were able to retrieve the guns from the home. I presume that they're a hunting family; don't know for sure.

The INGO brochure made it inside the SWAT mag. I think that the patch is in my pants pocket (:n00b:...where the brochure and patch awaited magazine approval from mom)

Tried to find photos of the property that my friend supposedly had on her Facebook account...but I can't find them.

Again, thank you all.

-J-

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Not to hijack the thread from you Indy_guy_77. But me and the mrs. just went through our place and started grabbing a bunch of things and cleared most of our pantry out. I'm waiting to hear back from another member (D2VW14_20) on here to see where would be best to take the items. And once we find out where to take we will be heading there.

The Vienna Church will be the best bet as people have been there all day taking stuff. Hwy 31 and Leota Rd.
    Take exit 29 off I-65 and head east a few blocks to US 31 and turn right. Its right on the corner. The ladies at the church was telling us that it's still a mess. People have not had a hot meal since Friday. And very little sleep. Some adults are squeezing into kids clothing items. They said they are directing alot of thier resources in the direction of Marysville and Chelsea.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have heard on the news that the Indiana National Guard has a collection center set up at the rest area on I-65. I've heard that they really need some big containers for picking up personal property. They need food stuffs that require no refrigeration and no cooking. There is a collection center set up in Jeffersonville at the Census Bureau. Cash donations to the American Red Cross and Salvation Army are welcome. Many churches in the southern Indiana area are collecting items to be taken to those towns hardest hit. If you donate, make sure that the stuff is in new condition.

Top Bottom