Question For Vets ---- Does My Screen Name Offend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County

His Message:

I find it appalling that you use the Currahee name without earning it. One of my Currahee Brothers is brain dead today due to injuries suffered while fighting in Afghanistan. You dishonor the sacrifice of me and my Currahee brothers.

My Respone:

I do not use the name "curraheeguns" to try and claim to be a vet or a former member of your brotherhood. I have used it for almost 10 years now because of my love for WWII guns, especially those used by WWII paratroopers. I have never and will never claim or represent myself to be something that I am not and do not mean to do that in my screen name. I am sorry if this is not a good enough answer for you, but it is all I have.

Thank you for your service and I am sorry that a rare hereditary endocrine disease, one that has cause my family much harm and caused me to loose my father when I was 26 years old, precluded me from ever joining your ranks.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I am here to say that I have never been in the military.

I have a huge respect for all those who have.

I am a huuuuuge military collector and history buff.

If my screen name offends anyone......which it obviously does one, then I ask a MOD to immediatly change it to ssnfa as it is in many other forums.

thanks,

cs

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Corey, keep your name. It does not offend me and I know that you would never claim something that you are not.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Keep the name.

Keep the platypus.

Enough said.

ETA: Does it offend anyone that I'm not a vet and I'm replying to this thread? :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm offended by your use of Perry in your avatar. You've never been an OWCA agent. I bet you've never even parachuted.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Don't worry about it and don't change it, it's a Cherokee word that was around a long time before the 506th.

Yeah, the 506th didn't have any issues with using it, even though it wasn't created for them. Did they check with the Cherokee first?
    I wonder if any Cherokee are offended by anyone else using it for their own purpose.:dunno:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    As someone whose family contains more than a few Eastern Band Cherokee, it doesn't offend me that you're using a word from one of my ancestral languages. Keep it, use it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Hey Corey as someone with a lot of time Served, plus having family that were in the 506th when they founded I have no problem with it at all.

Matter of fact if you would like I'll tell that tool to get bent for you...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Sounds to me like someone managed to serve, even honorably so, without attaining a firm grasp of the deep nature of said honor.

True honor is not an assignment ascribed merely by name or group association, so how could dishonor function at such a base level?

Use the name with the due respect you have toward the honorable warriors who sacrificed through the years under its moniker.

Your appreciation of the arms they employed on their missions shouldn't cause such chafing

...but I'm pretty sure there's a cream for that. :cool:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    ...but I'm pretty sure there's a cream for that. :cool:

42390295-177x150-0-0.jpg

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I have served and I'm not offended. Give me a break, it is a free county, and crap we have tools burning the american flag and protesting soldiers funerals...do we really need to attack someone over their screen names? Dude needs to realize that's what freedom is, not only bare arms, speech too.

Top Bottom