• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Outfreakin'standing **Pics added post 26**

Some douchebag cut the cats off hubby's 4runner last night.

There just aren't words (acceptable to the terms of use) to convey how angry and incensed I am right now.

People suck.

EDIT: have added pics.

Last edited:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    It's sad what people will risk // do for a few bucks.

Here at work ( in Beech Grove ) they've stepped up security, guys were doing this in broad daylight in the middle of the parking lot!

Sorry to hear it, will insurance cover this? I know the metal is only worth $100 - $200 but as I understand it's EXPENSIVE to replace a cat-converter.

Once again, sorry to hear it.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    How the heck can you even do that quietly? Our bedroom isnt that far from our driveway, Im pretty sure Id hear a sawzall or something. It would take forever to do it with a hacksaw.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Cordless sawsall would be my guess. WIth a good blade, I bet you could do it in about 30 seconds. Not that I ever have. That really sucks what people will do for scrap. In the past 2 years, I had someone crawl into the crawlspace and cut out the copper from my rental, and another time, someone stole a brand new central air unit for scrap.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've cut cats of cars at my buddy's shop in Bloomington. It makes all kinds of freakin racket!! I never understood how ppl could not hear it. There was somebody that cut a bunch off of several dealerships but I don't ever recall hearing them getting one from a private party. If the reclamation places made ppl show the photo ID and signed a form this might decrease a bit. But the places get a lot more for the platnium once they recycle it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Just weld a Test Pipe in. We don't have emissions testing here so nobody will know the difference.

That's exactly the route we're going.

If you knew where we lived, you'd be surprised at how ballsy this SOB was. Right on the corner of a rather main road and the entrance to the neighborhood, but we face the main road. None of this set back stuff like the new subs. Visible from both streets easily.

Of all the nights for the neighbor to let his dog in too.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Toyota 4Runners are really popular targets because they sit relatively high and the cat' is easy to get to, probably doesn't take very long to get it removed. Sorry to hear it happened to your husband, hopefully the cops have a line on who may be doing this as I'm sure yours isn't the only car they hit.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    For what it's worth, I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

It would be cool to find out that the di*k heads that did this, while doing it again had the car/truck fall on them and trap them until authorities arrive.

Good luck getting this fixed.

Le Doug

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Maybe but replacing a cat ain't exactly cheap either. The break-even point has to be well into the future.

Always helped my MPGs. Put a less restrictive air cleaner in and less restrictive exhaust lets the engine flow better. Some makers program their ECUs to sense it and act up but on my cars (Audi/VW) it helps.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Always helped my MPGs. Put a less restrictive air cleaner in and less restrictive exhaust lets the engine flow better. Some makers program their ECUs to sense it and act up but on my cars (Audi/VW) it helps.

Thats sucks, and some people sure all ballsy. Like Colt said if anything it will get ya a MPG or 2 due to being less restrictive, the downside the PCM will see that and throw the check engine light. You can deal with the light or search google for O2 simulators for the 4 runner. I found this real quick

URD O2 simulator install help - YotaTech Forums

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I owned a 4runner for a short while, they definitely are easy to get under. I could change my oil no problem without a jack and get to about anything underneath. Easy to see why they're such common targets.

Top Bottom