• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Unsure of how many other aficionados there are around INGO, I thought I would start a thread and see. I'd kind of like to see what people are smoking lately (kind of like the beer snob thread). Write reviews about what you are smoking; name/ make, ring gauge/ length, flavor, the price you paid for it, the experience while enjoying it, etc. If you're the type who enjoys them on occasion, or newcomers to cigars, feel free to share and ask questions as we discuss. I hope there are some others out there that enjoy them as well.

What I have been smoking lately... (although being a new dad, I don't as often as I used to).

Drew Estate Undercrown: Belicoso 6"x52
    Price locally $8-11; online $8-11/ per stick
    liga-privada-undercrown-belicoso-cigars.jpg

This cigar is a medium-full bodied cigar, nice size, fits well in hand. Smell before lit is earthy, draw is nice and easy.

After lit: the cigar is burning well, working through the first 1/3 of the cigar it is nutty, some notes of espresso beans stand out a bit, cigar is not spicy. Smoke is nice and thick/ creamy.

2/3: The cigar is keeping with the espresso notes, some spice starting to build on the palate; smoke is plentiful, burn is even, still a very pleasant smoke.

Final 3/3: the last bit is getting a little more spice, but not overpowering, still producing nice thick smoke. The notes of espresso can still be tasted though the spice stands out more now.

I really enojoy this cigar, I have been smoking them for a little while now and they have become a resident in my humidors. It burned even through the entire smoke, which was about an hour and 15 minutes, never had to relight it. If you like medium-full bodied cigars I highly recommend you try one of these.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    When I did smoke cigars, I always enjoyed the Viejo from Romeo & Julieta.
    Medium flavor but oohh so smooth. Almost flavored but not. It's hard to explain but you just have to try it. I can never find them local as I always picked them up at the CI store in PA.

I'd smoke it with a regular Coke ang a Hershey bar.

Romeo y Julieta Viejo - Cigars International

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Not likely going to keep up with this thread, but do often post my cigars and sometimes a quick review on instagram, same username - danmdevries. Same on botl.org as well.

Tonight I had a Cain F Lancero tubo from 03/2014 still packed quite a punch despite the age, though the big ligero forward flavors were starting to subside to a richer, sweeter smoke.

Had a Undercrown a day or two ago, always a solid standby, but haven't had any recent (post-Swisher acquisition) production.

Last night was a My Father no. 4

Night before, a JDN Antano 1970 lancero

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Not likely going to keep up with this thread, but do often post my cigars and sometimes a quick review on instagram, same username - danmdevries. Same on botl.org as well.

Tonight I had a Cain F Lancero tubo from 03/2014 still packed quite a punch despite the age, though the big ligero forward flavors were starting to subside to a richer, sweeter smoke.

Had a Undercrown a day or two ago, always a solid standby, but haven't had any recent (post-Swisher acquisition) production.

Last night was a My Father no. 4

Night before, a JDN Antano 1970 lancero

My Father cigars I have been a fan of since I fhave rest tried one, same with most of the Roma Craft cigars. I haven't put any time into any of the Cain cigars yet. Any advice on where to start with them? I typically am going to pick up a maduro if I'm feeling adventurous. One of the other favorites lately and is the Roma Craft Tobac, Cromagnon series Mode 5. It's a small perfecto, full bodied, with a good bit of spice throughout the last 1/3 of the cigar.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Haven't had one in a few years now, too many vices and something had to give. I do miss it and when I decide it's time to treat myself again it'll be an Arturo Fuente Hemmingway. In general I preferred bold cigars but the Hemmingway was always a favorite. Coupled with a piece of dark chocolate and a few fingers of bourbon and this guy is purring like a kitten.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Haven't had one in a few years now, too many vices and something had to give. I do miss it and when I decide it's time to treat myself again it'll be an Arturo Fuente Hemmingway. In general I preferred bold cigars but the Hemmingway was always a favorite. Coupled with a piece of dark chocolate and a few fingers of bourbon and this guy is purring like a kitten.

I never could seem to really enjoy the Hemingway line for some reason, I really tried though. I love the Opus X, but it's hard not to. Their Gran Reserva line I have always enjoyed, that smoke has never varied anywhere I've had one.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My brother and I have significant differences in our preferences. They seem to be just like handguns, thankfully there are a lot of options out there!

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Today had a LFD Coronado which had some construction issues. Flavor square in premium Dominican territory.

Late night /early morning had a Diablo Picantes, out of production for a while now. Starting to hit the downward slope, but these have been amazing with a good bit of age. They regularly sold for less than a buck a piece (and weren't very good fresh) but with some age they were excellent. Think they were gone in 05.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yesterday I had my first cigar in four years. It was a DelSol They're cheap but I like them a lot. Description from the linked website below:

Yet another gem from Drew Estate's creative genius, Isla del Sol combines a deliciously infused Nicaraguan premium with an everyday price that can't be beat. Each cigar comes loaded with a rich blend of aged Nicaraguan tobaccos inside a beautiful, chocolate-brown, 'Sun-Blessed' Sumatra wrapper. Each of the filler leaves has been carefully infused with the enticing nuances of premium, Sumatran Mandheling Bean Coffee, while the wrapper is finished with a delightfully sweetened cap. Expect a rich, creamy core with ample notes of mocha and coffee, complemented by a luxurious aroma. Best of all, at this price, it'll be easy to enjoy the scrumptious flavors of Isla del Sol cigars on a daily basis.
    www.cigarsinternational.com

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Today had a LFD Coronado which had some construction issues. Flavor square in premium Dominican territory.

Late night /early morning had a Diablo Picantes, out of production for a while now. Starting to hit the downward slope, but these have been amazing with a good bit of age. They regularly sold for less than a buck a piece (and weren't very good fresh) but with some age they were excellent. Think they were gone in 05.

Ive had a couple LFDs, not too familiar with the different lines they offer, but solid cigars. The ones I had were maduro, red label, and real spicy towards the back end. I wouldn't mind having a few more of those. If you can identify what I'm describing let me know what it was, I'll try to buy some if I know what I'm looking for.

Yesterday I had my first cigar in four years. It was a DelSol They're cheap but I like them a lot. Description from the linked website below:

www.cigarsinternational.com

:rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom