• nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    i-nf2kBgr_zpsx4wgpvin.jpg

Got one of my favorite pics autographed today. This pic of Nicky Hayden from 2009 is one of my favorites. Check out the spray from his knee protector. Always wanted to get it autographed, but in the pits it's next to impossible. Found out Friday that he was going to be at one of his sponsors booths on Saturday. Got there 75 minutes early, only a few people in front of me. Time flew cause I had a great time with the group around me. The 3 from west Virginia were a riot. I took a few extra copies to give away in the line today. Gave two to the WV group. Gave the other one to the nice family behind me's 9 year old daughter, since she didn't have anything special for Nicky to sign. The smile on her and her mom's face was priceless. A few minutes later, the IMS videoaugropher took a very long shot of her holding that pic with a big grin. He said they're putting a package together that will air during the race tomorrow. So, there's a chance my pic might be aired around the world tomorrow. Fox Sports 1, 2pm EST.

nickyw_zpsurjk3ttj.jpg

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    That's awesome. One of my favorite pics I ever took was of him in the rain at IMS. Here it is. Unfortunately Facebook butchered it. Not real sure where the original is.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have a pic I took at a concert a few years ago of the lead singer of my favorite band. They are going to be in Louisville on the 11th next month so I hope to get it signed. It's going up on the wall if I do.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    To be that agressive in the wet would have given me pause back when I was 23 and thought I was immortal. Of course my equipment wasn't quite up to that standard. Great score!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    They aired it in the pre race footage about 20 minutes before the race, during an interview with Nicky.

I'm in the middle

20150809_133949w_zpsbjq4sfb6.jpg

I hope her parents got this on the DVR

20150809_134121w_zpsdcized1v.jpg

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    I can tell that I am getting older and less adventurous. At first, I saw the picture and thought "cool, that would be so fun." Next I saw the picture of him signing your photo and noticed the large scar on his right arm. I promptly thought "those guys are idiots!":D

Seriously though, nice photo and great experience!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I can tell that I am getting older and less adventurous. At first, I saw the picture and thought "cool, that would be so fun." Next I saw the picture of him signing your photo and noticed the large scar on his right arm. I promptly thought "those guys are idiots!":D

Seriously though, nice photo and great experience!

If I recall correctly he (and a lot of these guys) have to have frequent surgery to deal with "arm pump"

Nicky Hayden has arm surgery

Plus looks like he has had some wrist injuries as well that required surgeries in the past.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom