• ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Update 9-7-2012
    I was wrong about a few things in my orginal post.
    IMG_0011.jpg

The mileage was wrong. It was only 17,638 That means it was driven less than 600 miles after I sold it.

and a picture of the body.......
    IMG_0007.jpg

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq250/hp5610xi/IMG_0007.jpg

Mrs. Longbow says I'm in need of serious help.

I located the car I had my senior year and it is mine again. I get to pick it up next week and drag it home. It is a 1982 dark blue firebird. It still has the Alpine radio I installed in it and is in pretty good shape.

I bought it back from the person that had it all these years. It only has 25,000 miles on it :D. That means the guy that had it, only put 6,000 miles on it after me.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    If I bought back my first car, it would be to put at the end of a home gun range.

'91 Cavalier. Huge POS

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    My first car went to the crusher long ago.

Useless without pics.

I know mine did. It was a 1970 Ford Pinto with a 1.6 liter four banger, four speed on the floor and Realistic 8-Track tape deck. Rust and primer red with rusty chrome. One of the ugliest cars on the planet.

Almost as bad as a Pontiac Fiero...

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    That is a great story. Awesome that it still has such low miles. It's like you just let somebody borrow it for a long while.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Wow! You're a lucky man! I would love to have my 77 F150 4x4 again. I sold it in 84, and have been kicking myself in the butt ever since. Had a 68 chevy 1500 I wish I had back, too.:(

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Well, they only had about 3 numbers back then.

A few more than that, but not as big as they are these days. It was 7R01C224344. Translation. 67 model year, built at the San Diego Plant, 01 was the paint code IIRC, the C is the engine code (289 2bbl)

Is this what comes right before you ask him what life was like before they invented fire/discovered the wheel? :):

We had fire and the wheel, but I do remember these folks quite clearly from my youth. :)

title.jpg

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I know mine did. It was a 1970 Ford Pinto with a 1.6 liter four banger, four speed on the floor and Realistic 8-Track tape deck. Rust and primer red with rusty chrome. One of the ugliest cars on the planet.

Almost as bad as a Pontiac Fiero...

Nothing is as ugly as a Pontiac Aztec. Those new Fiats come pretty close though. And the Nissan Cube. That's just weird.:dunno:
    My first car was a British Ford Cortina my Dad got for me in 1977 thinking I'd be thrilled.
    Not so much. I was mad he hadn't asked me for any input and he was mad cause I wasn't grateful.:rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nothing is as ugly as a Pontiac Aztec. Those new Fiats come pretty close though. And the Nissan Cube. That's just weird.:dunno:
    My first car was a British Ford Cortina my Dad got for me in 1977 thinking I'd be thrilled.
    Not so much. I was mad he hadn't asked me for any input and he was mad cause I wasn't grateful.:rolleyes:

I rode around in a Ford Cortina when my car was broke down which was all to often. Girl friends dad got it for her and she felt the same way about the car as you did. It did run and drive but not much more.

Top Bottom