• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Has anyone here tried reloading spent primers with strike anywhere match tips? I read about it online and decided to give it a try. It works really well, but it is very time consuming. Here are a couple of youtube videos if you want to check them out. The first one is a "how to" video. The second is a test fire. just the prier, loaded in a case with no bullet.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7nphPRG6JA]YouTube - reloading primers[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZdaERbaQLo&feature=related]YouTube - firing reloaded primer[/ame]

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Jesus... Only a Hi-Point nut would obsess so much over something so goofy.

That said, its is wonderful news! I haven't been reloading because I haven't been able to find primers locally. By the time you pay for shipping on a couple packs of primers you may as well buy WWB or Balzer. :(

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Jesus... Only a Hi-Point nut would obsess so much over something so goofy.

That said, its is wonderful news! I haven't been reloading because I haven't been able to find primers locally. By the time you pay for shipping on a couple packs of primers you may as well buy WWB or Balzer. :(
    If you want to call it an obsession, to want to shoot even though I can't find ammo or primers, call me obsessed. I do like my hi Point a lot, by the way.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    What a class act. :rolleyes:

Go ahead and pile on the negative rep, but you forgot to quote THIS PART:
    That said, it is wonderful news! I haven't been reloading because I haven't been able to find primers locally.

Everyone is so touchy over the recent brand wars that nobody can kid around. Did you mis my page-long post in the bashing thread?

Let me take this time to thank the OP again for posting this valuable information. :)

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Go ahead and pile on the negative rep, but you forgot to quote THIS PART:

Everyone is so touchy over the recent brand wars that nobody can kid around. Did you mis my page-long post in the bashing thread?

Let me take this time to thank the OP again for posting this valuable information. :)
    Your backpedaling isn't convincing. Just be nice, OK??? :ingo:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I have never bashed Hi-points. If you look at my post history, you will find that I have indeed owned several, and that I have attested that they are reliable pieces.

I also remember disagreeing with you specificaly in the Hi-point thread about how much of a bargain they are. Its sad that you have such a chip on your shoulder. Just enjoy your HP guns and let me enjoy my Glocks and Berettas.

Last edited:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Look here at the bottome of page 2:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/37275-hi-points-3.html

Yes, that can be silly sometimes too, but Glocks and XDs are better pistols in every way. Thats not a bash against Hi-Points; all three of the Hi-Point pistols I have owned in the past were reliable guns.

You are wrong about my stance on Hi-point guns sir. While i have expressed my doubts about the amount of gun you get for the money, and stated my opinion that there are better guns out there, I have not berated the function of of the users of Hi-point firearms.

If you cant laught at yourself, then your taking life WAY to seriously.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    All I care is "does it work".

Did you make used primers work again in a loaded shell and fire the reloaded amo?

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That's very clever! The big question I have is, how well would it take a fall that just happened to hit the primer end?

I am sure like any other ammo you can hit the primer just right and make it go off. Contrary to popular belief they do fly with out the bbl. So don't throw your ammo in the rocks.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I like it. I might have to use it when out president make primers unavailable. But, with out being too much of a party pooper I will ask this question. Since a primer is a detonation device is building one or reloading one legal?

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I like it. I might have to use it when out president make primers unavailable. But, with out being too much of a party pooper I will ask this question. Since a primer is a detonation device is building one or reloading one legal?
    To make for your own reloading yes. can't sell them though.

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I have never bashed Hi-points. If you look at my post history, you will find that I have indeed owned several, and that I have attested that they are reliable pieces.

I also remember disagreeing with you specificaly in the Hi-point thread about how much of a bargain they are. Its sad that you have such a chip on your shoulder. Just enjoy your HP guns and let me enjoy my Glocks and Berettas.
    Even if you were bashing Hi Points, it's all in good fun right? If I spent $700 on a weapon, because I wanted the quality. I might hassle a buddy who spent less than $200 on his, just a little.

Top Bottom