• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Sat down to load some IBC 230 gr LRN bullets and found lots of this in the batch. Obviously the semi-wadcutter is a problem but what about the lube on the others? There seems to be many that have incomplete lube in the grooves as you can see. Some ranging from just a small spot to 1/4" gaps. The lube on the bullet can be scraped off of course but still seems to be a problem. Is this safe to load and shoot or should these be returned?

E1FDD778-3CC1-4BF7-9354-87E898071730-5163-000005B2CFDEC297_zps7f2d6634.jpg

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Contact them and see if they'll make it right if it bothers you. I don't see how they could avoid it with them shipping loosely inside a container.

Last edited:

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    The 9mm ones I bought look the same. My wife has shot a few hundred of them with no complaints. Messy when loading but they shoot fine.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I wouldn't have a problem using them. Just use your finger to wipe the lube off of the ones with extra, put on the ones that don't have enough and load as usual. I would contact the company, and see if they would give you a price adjustment on your next order to compensate you for your time and trouble with this batch. :twocents:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I don't like seeing that (especially since I just bought a box of 500 to try), but then again my last batch from Vance bought a couple 1500s ago showed the same excess lube on many bullets and also the added bonus of about 35 (out of 500) bullets being 115 gr 9mm instead of of 200gr SWC. I'll defer judgement until I get them loaded up and shot. I'd like to support a local business if I possibly can.

JRPLANE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Hagerstown, Indiana
    I bought 2000 awhile back, there was many badly cast (not complete over 60) lube all over everything. These are not at discount price but sure look like discount quality. I wont be buying anymore.

bigmich

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Sorry the bullets had extra lube pm me your address and how many u bought and we will send replacement bullet

Thanks
    Mitch
    Indiana bullet co

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Sorry the bullets had extra lube pm me your address and how many u bought and we will send replacement bullet

Thanks
    Mitch
    Indiana bullet co

Well there you have it. Makes me proud to buy local. For the boards information. Mitch has already pm'd me and offered to replace the bullets. Good customer service is difficult to find but when someone steps up like this I feel it is noteworthy. I will continue to support their business. Thanks!!

bob_dolemite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Hmm... I have 2k on the way I'm I certainly hope they don't look like that!!

Looks like they're making this right for the OP and would likely take care of you if there is an issue. I had a box of 158gr LSWC with the same thing, they shot fine but I had to do a lot of scraping. I passed on another box this weekend because of it. I do hope they will take this feedback and improve the process as I'd also prefer to support local businesses.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Let me say this perhaps just a little more time in the process to inspect the product will eliminate this issue all together. Just that extra step as far as QC goes makes for a happier customer in the first place. Great service after the fact is nice but not if it is reoccurring.

bigmich

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    We appreciate any feed back good and bad so we know what we need to do to improve are product we have been working to improve are ship times and quality of are bullets

Thanks
    Mitch
    Indiana bullet co

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I do not know what kind of equipment they have, but when I cast bullets I had a Saeco luber/sizer. If it is cold in the garage the lube didn't always fill the groove and there was a lot of loose chunks of lube, like ones pictured. It really never hurt the bullet performance, as most of the lube burns off anyway, that why cast bullets are smokey.

I bought a aftermarket heating system for my luber/sizer, and that made the lube look a lot better. They shot the same, they just looked nicer in the box.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    I had same problem ,and lots of lead I had to take a knife and trim to a bullet shape. I bought a stick of Lyman lube to crayon in to replace the cheap blue lube that 'people that know' wont use because its sub standard.why so much BLUE lube used in mass produced lead bullets?

Top Bottom