• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    I can not seem to find the col for a 38 special dewc. Would anyone have col for 148 grain dewc?

Also i am planning to load titegroup with this batch on what is the grains suggestions? I will be using lee auto disk to load the powder.

Thank you

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Depending on the mold pattern, some are crimped in a groove that leaves about 1/16th inch sticking out of the case. Some have no groove and I seat them flush with the case mouth. Since there is so much bearing surface in a wadcutter and the loads use a very fast burning powder, there is plenty of friction and very little recoil, so the bullets stay in place just fine with a very minimal crimp. Do not worry about measuring with calipers, the case length is enough regulation. TiteGroup works fine for wadcutters, check out the interactive website at hodgdon.com. for complete load data. Good Luck

mpd

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Westfield
    Depending on the mold pattern, some are crimped in a groove that leaves about 1/16th inch sticking out of the case. Some have no groove and I seat them flush with the case mouth. Since there is so much bearing surface in a wadcutter and the loads use a very fast burning powder, there is plenty of friction and very little recoil, so the bullets stay in place just fine with a very minimal crimp. Do not worry about measuring with calipers, the case length is enough regulation. TiteGroup works fine for wadcutters, check out the interactive website at hodgdon.com. for complete load data. Good Luck

I have been unable to find the reloading data for titegroup & DEWC. They have 148 gr bullets, but not specific for DEWC.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been unable to find the reloading data for titegroup & DEWC. They have 148 gr bullets, but not specific for DEWC.

Since there is essentially no "nose" on the bullet, a dual end wadcutter a single end (flat based) wadcutter and a hollow base wadcutter of 148 grains displaces the same volume, even if some of the volume is different shape. The same data will be safe to use. Some data has C.U.P. pressure ratings, you will se that wadcutter loads are very low pressure.

Top Bottom