• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    The best review I've seen to date on the sparc. I host mine on a 15-22 moe and it's been great during the 8 months I've had it. Only gripe I have about mine is that the power button is easily turned on if bumped inside my soft case. Other than that I recommend it as well.

Good Review & repped.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Good review. Two questions, Does it cowitness on an Ultimak equipped AK? and how is it for waterproof ? Acouple of weekends ago at advanced AK in AL, I was running a Bushnell to test for all of the students who ask about it and it leaked and fogged on the second day when it rained hard.

I realize it isn't an Aimpoint or Trijicon, but not everyone is willing to spend that much.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Good review. Two questions, Does it cowitness on an Ultimak equipped AK? and how is it for waterproof ? Acouple of weekends ago at advanced AK in AL, I was running a Bushnell to test for all of the students who ask about it and it leaked and fogged on the second day when it rained hard.

I realize it isn't an Aimpoint or Trijicon, but not everyone is willing to spend that much.
    It's claimed to be "waterproof" by Vortex. They don't give a depth, but all openings are o-ring sealed and the optic is nitrogen filled. So rain and modest temperature differences shouldn't be an issue either with the ingress of moisture or with fogging. I'll let you know. I'll submerge my optic and freeze it in another video and we'll see how it does. But given the overall quality of the optic, I would say it's a pretty big step up from the Bushnell. This little guy really is built quite well.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The best review I've seen to date on the sparc. I host mine on a 15-22 moe and it's been great during the 8 months I've had it. Only gripe I have about mine is that the power button is easily turned on if bumped inside my soft case. Other than that I recommend it as well.

Good Review & repped.

I saw your video on YouTube. It's cool you're an INGO'er too.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks for the responses. Any first hand info on the AK cowitness ?

It doesn't cowitness with the US Palm upper on the MI rail. The collimator is at 6'oclock, if it was at 3 or 4 o'clock it would cowitness.

That's the only thing I'm hung up on right now about getting one.

I'm debating putting it on a picatinny Palm upper with a quick release mount, my AK's are work guns, I don't like the idea of not having immediate (or near immediate) access to my irons.

What would be great is if Votrex moved the collimator to 3/4 oclock.

Johnson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indiana
    Thanks for the thorough review full-auto. Just ordered one for my AR, and repped you for the review and the "surprise" money saver at the end of your video. This is a great scope for $179 shipped! Looking forward to seeing more of your reviews. :rockwoot:

Johnson

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    great review. question for you...
    Have you or are you planning on doing a review on the Burris AR-332? I have one mounted on my sig556 that I really like, I just don't have the money to be dropping it or putting it through an vigorous testing. It seems to me that it makes a good substitute for an ACOG for us poor fellas, and would like to see what you think about it.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I haven't handled the Burris AR332. I can check into getting one or see if my dealer can get me a demo model.

HawkI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Behind the sights, a
    Thanks for the review. I've used one of these on a friends and am waiting to get my own tomorrow (well, today, it's late :). It is a pretty impressive red dot, esp considering the price point. I do wish it co-witnessed... might have to look into a quick-disconnect like Prometheus said

Top Bottom