• Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I recently purchased one of these
    AWP at Lowes for $20. I needed something bigger than my 12" Craftsman tool bag I use to carry all my crap in and out of my semi at work. (Man purse)

This AWP bag has 23 pockets, lots of space carry handles and a shoulder strap. I've used it at work for 2 weeks now. I got to thinking about how I could use it as a range bag. Lots of pockets for magazines, tools, oil etc and a good size open compartment for several pistols and ammo.

I know many INGOers use the Midway range bags and love them. I wouldn't mind one either but the cheapskate in me is always looking for an alternative. I have found it.

I'll be buying another one this week strictly for range duty. Come to think of it, AWP has several bags that might serve as a range bag better than this one. I didn't consider that when I was looking at them the first time.

1L-2216_main.jpg

Last edited:

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    need one too, my nra bag lost 2 zippers. also need a bigger one for my drill and bits and that stuff, thanks for the info

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    These are tough bags. I have a big one for my work bag and the pockets are perfect. The sides don't fall in. And did I mention all the pockets?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I've used a tool bag I got at Lowe's or Menard's (forget which) many years ago to carry my "tools" to the range.

Nice, sturdy, reasonably priced bags can be had at home stores.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I use a toolbox. Had a midway range bag and gave it to my buddy and switched to the toolbox. just a cheapo from husky but has the top tray with all the organizers and it moves out the way revealing the bottom open area. it's water proof and can be used as a seat. a bit heavier and harder to carry but a nice trade off. I dropped like 25 bucks on it onsale

d80hunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2015
    Hope
    I use a Fox Meduim Transport Pack for a range pack. It fits everything and is a backpack so I have both hands free to carry guns and targets. Good for long walks. It isn't too pricey like the Maxpedition Falcon 2 that I use for hunting, which the Fox is a cheaper clone of the Maxpedition.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I use a LA police gear bugout bag works well pockets are designed for both pistol and ar/ak mags....really want one of those hard cases iv been seeing on facebook but cant seem to find who makes them...looks alike a harddig/pelican hard case but holds 6 or more pistols vertical (the foam is already precut) its driving me nuts looking for it

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good choice. those bags are SOLID. I Carry this as a tool bag for work. Had it for several years and not a hint of wear (that would make it fail)

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I bought several of the Midway bags for cheap when they were on a Super sale.

I have about four of them still in plastic and in the box. They make a nice gift.

I also bought several of the padded single gun bags from Midway that have a place for 8 or 9 mags on one side and two 100 round boxes of Ammo on the other side. I paid $10 each for them and $5 each for pink ones. My wife and Daughter love the pink ones

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I use a LA police gear bugout bag works well pockets are designed for both pistol and ar/ak mags....really want one of those hard cases iv been seeing on facebook but cant seem to find who makes them...looks alike a harddig/pelican hard case but holds 6 or more pistols vertical (the foam is already precut) its driving me nuts looking for it

I've got one of those as well. What I like better about the galls bag is that it has a double zipper flap on the top. It may not sound like much, but it makes for easier access, IMO.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I bought several of the Midway bags for cheap when they were on a Super sale.

I have about four of them still in plastic and in the box. They make a nice gift.

I also bought several of the padded single gun bags from Midway that have a place for 8 or 9 mags on one side and two 100 round boxes of Ammo on the other side. I paid $10 each for them and $5 each for pink ones. My wife and Daughter love the pink ones

My birthday was last week. :wink: :wink:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    My oldest LA Police gear bag has 5 years on it i use it almost every otherday for just about everything... I have yet to have any zipper problems or noticeable wear

Top Bottom