• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I only wish they were coming out these for Savage rifles first, then Remington.

I'm curious if they're going to do pillar bedding, or bedding blocks. Also curious how they are going to price these compared to a McMillan or comparable. I'd like to see some manufacturers team up with magpul on these stocks and make it factory gun.

It's magpul, so I'm going to assume it's quality until proven otherwise. They have a solid reputation.

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    Yes. They are saying the 5rnd PMAG will be about $35. The mag well adapter comes with one pmag too.

I'm anxious to hear more details of which 700 models it will fit, caliber, barrel contour etc.

Awesome. Is that a 308 PMAG in there? I love the AI mags, but that would be a much cheaper alternative for the budget minded.

Mauser-K98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    The video is like a Nike ad, just with guns at the end :) Magpul makes good stuff tho. I put their furniture on my Rem 870 and it's like a whole other gun. Stock looks like it's awkward but the ergo is really good.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    I'd love to replace the stock on my sps tactical in .308. I had a b&c tacital medlist but sold it because it was too bulky/heavy for my needs. Any idea when these will hit the market?

Gun Chooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    Indianapolis
    So it looks like spring of this year from what the magpul site is saying. This looks to be a great option for people like myself on a budget. As listed on their website, you can get your action into a stock with the detachable mag well and one mag for about $340. Extra 5 round mags are listed at $35. This is a killer deal considering all of the bells and whistles included in the package. With all other quality manufacturers, to get into a rig with these options you're talking around $1K and higher...too much for this guy.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So it looks like spring of this year from what the magpul site is saying. This looks to be a great option for people like myself on a budget. As listed on their website, you can get your action into a stock with the detachable mag well and one mag for about $340. Extra 5 round mags are listed at $35. This is a killer deal considering all of the bells and whistles included in the package. With all other quality manufacturers, to get into a rig with these options you're talking around $1K and higher...too much for this guy.

Im not saying its not a good deal, but I played with this stock at shot last week, and options are not everything. Comparing this unit to companies like manners, mcm, etc is pointless.

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    I'm pumped too! I will be doing my .308 sps varmint in FDE with magwell etc. I'm really hoping they carry this design on for .223 too. I also have a .223 sps varmint that the stock will fit but it will not get me the magwell and mags unless they are withholding information from us.

And I just realized I repeated half the info already posted, just pumped for this to hit the shelves!

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    I was afraid of the possible "you get what you pay for" time will tell when a few reviews are done.

Im not saying its not a good deal, but I played with this stock at shot last week, and options are not everything. Comparing this unit to companies like manners, mcm, etc is pointless.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I was afraid of the possible "you get what you pay for" time will tell when a few reviews are done.

Dont get me wrong, it will be a great seller, and a OK stock, but it is not going to be the holy grail folks are thinking it will be. The reviews will be fine on it. Most folks with this stock wont have the experience to compare it to other stocks.

Again, I'm not trying to rain on everyone's parade, Im trying to be the voice of reason.

Gun Chooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    Indianapolis

Comparing price not quality, I know you get what you pay for but for guys like myself that only shoot 3-400 yds you don't need a high dollar rig. It looks like for an affordable price this will have the same options of the more expensive set ups, and will be plenty good enough for what my application is. I'm sure it will be an upgrade from the plastic sps stock thats on my rifle now.

Gun Chooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Do doubt, but will it be a upgrade from the BC medalist thats been on the market in the same price range?

That would be a big disappointment. I've owned and do like Bell and Carlson stocks but do you think it would be much better than the proposed hunter 700 (in terms of improved accuracy)? They both have the aluminum bedding blocks, the main difference would only be what the stock is made of.

Top Bottom