• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Soooo I hear she's coming soon Hickok did a review which is worth checking out. Talked to my FFL and is gonna hold one when they come late June. Anyone else lining up for one or hear anything ?????

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Yes. They expo'd them at the Media Day at SHOT show.

I carry a 9mm XD Subcompact, but I don't think I'd get one for carry. I was looking for something lighter and thinner, but it only carries 7 9mm rounds. At that level, you might as well get a LCR .357 Mag. It's lighter, more powerful, and almost as many rounds.

Cannon

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    How in the world was the XDS-9 handgun of the year from the NRA? I really like my XDM 9, don't get me wrong. I just don't understand how a gun that has not been available over the course of the said year, "wins". ?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Meh, I shot it at SHOT....nothing special for me.

This.

The .45 version is okay, I guess. Many of the reasons I dislike the XDs were similar to why I disliked me CW45 I had for a short time: somewhat high recoil for a defensive piece, wasted power from it's short barrel (yes, ammo manufacturers usually design .45 ammo for longer barrels than the XDS has), limited capacity, price sort of out of whack for what one gets, same wonky grip safety that I have personally seen many come from the factory out of whack (needs to be almost perfectly compressed to fire) and the reliability issues (having seen several fail to run at our range and with skilled users and decent ammo in them).

All in all, they can keep it.

The Kahr CW9/CM9 on the other hand, yes long trigger pull, but smooth and decent reset, not to mention every one I have seen ran flawlessly, including mine which is in the safe somewhere.

Similar cost and high value: Walther PPS, SUPERB pistol and VERY controllable, not to mention no wacky grip safety and no blast your Johnson off single action for AIWB carriers.

While I dislike it as I've seen problematic versions (but always smoothed out by their owners or Ruger), the LC9 is a good choice as well.

I really wish gun manufacturers would come out with something actually innovative, rather than playing Johnny Come Lately with their designs. Glock is really missing out, they really are. Single stack 9s always have a place, despite people thinking they need sufficient ammo to put Godzilla in the hospital. Heck, I would not give up my Sig P225 for anything, period.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I personally really like the Xds. As far as recoil, I don't think it is bad at all, very controllable. I was shooting with a die hard 1911 guy and he agreed with me about the Xds. Just my opinion, I am not an expert.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I personally really like the Xds. As far as recoil, I don't think it is bad at all, very controllable. I was shooting with a die hard 1911 guy and he agreed with me about the Xds. Just my opinion, I am not an expert.

I will agree, that for a gun of it's size and a range situation, the cartridge is controllable, but for a defensive shooting situation, I want less recoil than more.

Then again, it's .45, right, only need one round, hit them in the foot and watch them spin? :D

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    I have the XDs in .45. I am interested in the 9mm as well. if you think for 1 minute that the .45 round is not good enough to stop someone from doing you harm, then you need to be checked at the psyco office. the only way you would be in trouble with said weapon, is if there were 5 or more perps. then all you need is an x-tra mag to get the job done. its my EDC, and I will not give it up because its so darn easy to hide on your person, plus its .45 acp. JMO.

INDY45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Henryville, Indiana
    Just recently picked up a XDs in bi-tone, Put some hard ball ammo through it and some junk reloads and no problem here.It's my everyday carry and it's loaded with liberty fragmentation rounds that weigh 87 grains. They go in and DON'T come out. I'll pick up a 9 when the Bi-tones hit the market.

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I picked up an all black XDs 9mm @ Guns, Knives & More in Paoli tonight. They had one more left & said they had more coming in the next couple weeks.

Top Bottom