• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The squeaky wheel does get the grease sometimes. Gun owners in Wyoming let the revenuers know they shouldn't be taxed on a Right and the taxman ran away with their tails between their legs. Indiana gun owners should take a page from the stalwarts in Wyoming and start demanding the same from the ticks in Indianapolis.

via Libertarian Punk

Wyoming has eliminated sales tax at gun shows, because a few people at gun shows screamed at the tax agents trying to collect it.
    From the Casper Tribune;
    CHEYENNE — The Wyoming Department of Revenue has suspended sales tax collections from gun shows because of increasing animosity toward the state’s field tax agents.
    Dan Noble, director of the department’s excise tax division, said Friday that an incident at a gun show triggered the decision.
    He added, however, that resistance from gun show sponsors and participants has been a recurring problem statewide.
    “I have 10 field reps throughout the state, and every one of them has experienced some animosity,” he said. “Folks are nervous anyway because there are guns there. I don’t want to put my people at risk.”….
    …”We tend to have more trouble at gun shows than any place,”….He said the “climate” has changed and some of the gun show people are “fairly extreme.”…
    Anthony Bouchard (executive director of the Wyoming Gun Owners’ Association) said that the position of his group is that the state shouldn’t charge sales tax on gun and ammunition sales because of the Second Amendment right to bear arms.
    Identifying himself as a “tea partier and damned proud of it,” Wise said Friday that people are angry at the federal government over health care reform and other actions.
    …Noble informed members of the Legislature’s Joint Interim Revenue Committee Thursday of his decision because at some point legislation may be necessary, he said.
    Note that no one pulled a gun, it’s just people who own guns getting up in the tax man’s grill.
    I think the Founders would be proud. This is LITERALLY the intended and true reason for the Second Amendment.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Is this a deleted chapter from Molon Labe!:D

molon_labe_lg.jpg

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The daily kos article below the Wyoming story was a great read as well. Especially the end where the author lays it on the line about the purpose of ol' number 2. Damn.

Top Bottom