• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Howdy folks, I've got a VERY nice desktop that I'm looking to trade for a laptop.
    I built this one just after Christmas of last year.

Specifications are as follows...

ECS A780GM-A Motherboard
    AMD Athlon X2 5200 @ 2.7 GHz
    OCZ DDR2 RAM @ 800 MHz, 2 Gigs, dual channel
    NVIDIA 8400 GS 256mb graphics card, PCI-e
    180 Gig IDE HD
    TDK DVD-RW drive
    450 watt power supply
    Generic white case with front/rear fans, and CPU fan outlet on side of case

The motherboard is capable of supporting MUCH more powerful hardware that I have currently installed...this was built on a budget, and I went cheap on peripherals.

I'll throw in my monitor, keyboard, and perhaps even my Creative speakers w/subwoofer.

Some additional info...the motherboard is Socket AM2+, and does support AMD's quad core Phenom processor, and 1066 MHz RAM, up to 8 gigs with 32 bit OS, I think up to 16 gigs with a 64 bit OS. 1 PC1-E 2.0 slot, 1 PCI-e 1x slot, 3 PCI slots, supports RAID 0,1,0+1 and JBOD modes. Has on-board Hi Def audio with HDMI output, 6 USB ports, an onboard LAN controller...I'm probably missing stuff, but its pretty cool! I have the manual and all drivers. System also comes with a Netgear Wireless-N PCI card + antenna.
    WHAT I WANT.....

A laptop in decent condition, MUST have at least an 80 gig HD, wireless capability, and a CD-RW (DVD-RW preferred). All other features are negotiable...I'm not going cheap on this (ie., I WON'T take a 6 year old VAIO! ;) ), but lets talk!

I'm a computer geek, and I will need the specs of your machine before I commit to a deal. Its ok to just send model #s, I know how Google works..:D

I can provide additional information at your request...just lemme know what you need to know!

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Come on, now...I know some of y'all deal in used computers here...this is a really nice rig! It obviously works, as I'm using it to post here!

Its nice as I've got it set up now...and it has a lot more upgrade potential! Just trying to trade it for the mobility factor. Spend a bit more on a more powerful graphics card and additional RAM, and you've got a very decent gaming machine!

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    How about a 4 year old Vaio? :D
    6 year old Toshiba?
    8 year old Toshiba?

I really do have all these.....LOL.