• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    figured i would give my INGO brethren a shot at this too.

up for sale is a 1985 Honda VT500c Crusier, repainted black at some point. i bought this bike a few months ago to learn how to ride. i have learned how, and have since decided that motorcycles are not for me. oh well!

the previous owner didnt take very good care of her, i have spent the winter and several hundred dollars trying to make her as she should be again. i added the engine guard and highway bars as well as the saddlebags and mirrors. everything else is bone stock, best as i can tell. i also put a new battery in her when i got her in Jan.

the seat is in perfect shape, but i think it is an aftermarket or recover, as this one dosent seem to match some of the other factory ones i have seen. there are no rips, tears, cracks, or anything on it!

there is a small dent, the size of a quarter or so, on the front fender. the chrome is all nice, ever so slight pitting. it's a 24 year old bike, and it's in better shape than most of the 24 year old people i know!

the tires were new last spring, i was told, and there is PLENTY of tread left on them.

the clutch cable has been replaced recently, but the fine tuner on the grip appears too be broken. it shifts perfectly fine, but if this bothers you, feel free to replace the $1 part. it hasnt bothered me.

i replaced the sight glass (a VERY common problem with this model). there is a run in the paint on the right side tank where it appears brake fluid may have dripped from the master cylinder due to the broken sight glass. i tried to photograph the best i could. i have a spare master cylinder rebuild kit i will include with the bike, as well as the Clymer manual-- those two are worth about $50 right there.

NO breaks, smoke, leaks, knocks, farts, explosions, etc. a no-excuses bike!

i am also including the new half helmet with flip-down shield. i dropped it once, and there is a little rash on the shield.

the bike starts every time. it is very fast...i have put a total of 70 miles on it since i bought it, none of them highway.

clear Indiana title is in hand.

there is a walkaround video at the YouTube link below.

DSCF1615.jpg

DSCF1617.jpg

DSCF1618.jpg

DSCF1619.jpg

DSCF1620.jpg

DSCF1623.jpg

DSCF1627.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1cXEtnRa8c"]YouTube - 1985 Honda VT500C[/ame] <<< video available here!

selling outright for $1400.

trade interests, generally speaking would be AR + $400, G26 +$800, etc, etc. not interested in shotguns or single shots. please PM with questions or offers!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom