• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Got the call to pick up the suppressor, drove out to find out the dealer has written the wrong serial # on the forms... It was from another suppressor he had sold to another customer.. BATF wants a new form 4 with CLEO signoff and photos, but luckily doesn't need more finger print cards. Should be quick re approval we were told.

Dealer handed me $100 cash to ease the pain and said he'd make it right! Because so far, he has, I won't mention the dealers business, but DANG THIS SUCKS! Back to downtown Monday morning, erghh

EDIT: NEW STAMP CAME IN 4/2/11. Pics on second page. Ron from Targets Sports in Sheridan is the dealer who took care of me, $100 back was going above and beyond and I will continue driving all the way out there. :)

Last edited:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Got the call to pick up the suppressor, drove out to find out the dealer has written the wrong serial # on the forms... It was from another suppressor he had sold to another customer.. BATF wants a new form 4 with CLEO signoff and photos, but luckily doesn't need more finger print cards. Should be quick re approval we were told.

Dealer handed me $100 cash to ease the pain and said he'd make it right! Because so far, he has, I won't mention the dealers business, but DANG THIS SUCKS! Back to downtown Monday morning, erghh

At least he said SORRY & gave you a C-note:D

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Though he has had many NFA items, it's obvious he remembered his first when he handed me that $100 :) But it's hard to sleep at night now.... !!!

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    Picked up my stamp

I got a call from C3 KP this am that my stamp came in. Headed for the
    CP gun show-I was there Sat. Took it and double checked the number with paperwork on form 4, before anything else. Same, thank god.

I guess that you and your dealer did not check the number on your F4?
    It could happen to anyone. This sure sucks. I waited over 14 weeks.
    Just in time for better weather. Hope it works out.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Which dealer? Sounds like he or she treated you right.

Id ask the dealer if they mind being mentioned first, but id be curious who it was too. Given that they made it right I wouldn't mind directing business their way in future (or would is SSNFA wasn't such a great guy to work with already :D)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Id ask the dealer if they mind being mentioned first, but id be curious who it was too. Given that they made it right I wouldn't mind directing business their way in future (or would is SSNFA wasn't such a great guy to work with already :D)
    +1

Mistakes happen, we're all human.

I think the fact that he attempted to make it right definitely speaks volumes!

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County

Wasn't me.....I have never sold an Alpine. Not to say that I have never made a mistake before.

Kudos to the dealer for treating the customer right.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    He even offered to drive it to me as soon as the new stamp comes in! I'd like to ask his permission prior to posting who it was, but I'm overall satisfied with his response regardless how sucky this is for me! After two trips to the court building (even though ATF didn't need more finger print cards, CLEO refused to sign the new one until I came back and got finger printed again...), I've awaiting paper work back from them, then off straight to the inspectors desk for amended stamp!

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    AND IT'S IN! Picked it up this morning and hadn't stopped playing with it to post earlier. :)

The dealer was Ron at Target Sports in Sheridan. I will continue to bring my business all the way out there! Uploading pics now.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Here are it's two current hosts... Sig Mosquito, and Ruger 10-22-90

alpine1.jpg

alpine2.jpg

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    Love the Sig! Props to the dealer for taking care of business and even offering to hand deliver it. I thought customer services was a thing of the past and died out with the WW2 generation. I will definitely stop by that shop and make a purchase solely based on this thread. Congrats on the new toy

Top Bottom