• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    OK, you probably know that certain someone... spouse, friend, relative, whoever... who has been "thinking" about getting involved in the shooting sports, or simply wants to learn about how to take responsibility for her OWN safety. This is a PERFECT introduction and is restricted to Women Students ONLY... If they don't own a gun, (many don't) or if they have never held of fired a firearm (through 2013-2014, 35% of our attendees are total novices who have never fired a gun themselves...) This is the class for them.

Class length: 4 hours -
    Session 1: two hours classroom with law enforcement officers, (usually female) in lively discussion and presentation on situational awareness, avoidance, use of lethal force and some legal considerations, etc.

Session 2: Range time with explanations of revolvers, autoloader pistols, and some limited information on rifles and shotguns... Firearm selection... what type best suits you... etc.

Students DO NOT have to bring firearms as these are provided on the range, as well as necessary Ammunition (what a Bargain, no ammo to buy?)

Students however are encouraged to bring their own firearms if they have them, (COLD !!!) to the range to practice with NRA instructors during/after the class session(s). All Instructors are NRA Certified Pistol Instructors.

Student/Instructor ratio is to 2:1 to maintain individual/personalized instruction.

CLASS IS LIMITED TO 30 Women Total.
    (15 in each session who then reverse locations between classroom and range)

Reservations must be made in advance and signups that day will be only on a space-available basis, and will likely be wait listed for future programs...

visit our website for more information at NPCCC - North Porter County Conservaton Club

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    PM sent, my daughter wants to attend, need info on how to sign up I didn't see any sign up info on the website.

Thanks for posting the notice...

Pat

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Just a last followup ... April 25th class is totally booked out, but we are wait listing for the June 6th 12-4 PM class... Send me your name, contact phone number and email by PM and I will put you on the waiting list.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Just wanted to say thanks to NPCCC for offering this class again today. My wife and daughter really found it informative, and they had a lotta fun during the shooting session.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Just wanted to say thanks to NPCCC for offering this class again today. My wife and daughter really found it informative, and they had a lotta fun during the shooting session.

I remember them. They were working as I recall with Lead Instructor Bill. The feedback we have received has been overwhelmingly positive... We had a GREAT CLass on Saturday with equally Great weather... Made the day go by really quickly...

It is a wonderful opportunity for us as well to not only share the Self Defense information, but also to introduce a lot of new shooters to the sport as well... Over 35% of our students have never fired a gun, so when they are putting together 2-3" groups at 7 yards after an hour and a half, it is really gratifying for the instructors as well. Also neat to see the changes in confidence...

Next Class is scheduled for July 25th and this will be an OPEN Class, (as in Coed) so if you have friends or acquaintances of whatever gender, this class is open to them. Cost is $30 dollars and that includes all instruction, materials, firearms used, and ammunition. for further information, see our club website for scheduling... www.npcccinc.com
    First come first served... Every class has been to full capacity (of 30) so get reservations in as early as possible.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    A month overdue, but my wife, my mother-in-law, and my wife's boss thoroughly enjoyed the April class. The mrs. Said she got to try out approximately 9 different guns besides her own, and was impressed with the instruction and the facilities. She came home with a wish list of new potential EDC's; ​a new purchase is in our future.

Top Bottom