• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigD

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Indy Geist Area
    I've been looking out for a P99 for a couple of months now since I have heard great things and I think they look tough. However, I saw only one or two of them at the 1500 today. Is it that they are so popular that they get snatched up right away or is it that no one carries them since they aren't popular? Anyone have any feedback on them?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I carry mine all the time. I can assure you that the reason there were apparently few of them at the show was not because they are uncomfortable, unpopular, unreliable, unattractive, or underpowered.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    IME, the P99 isn't widely stocked because it doesn't sell as quickly as other polymer-frame pistols due to its price point. Some folks also find the ergonomics a bit funky. IME, the P99, like most Walther products, is something of an acquired taste.

There's also a butt-ton of police trade-in SW99 .40s on the market right now. They are generally similar to the 1st generation P99, are in mechanically good condition, and are priced relatively inexpensively (sub $400 most places). Might consider one of those if you can't find a real P99 or don't want to pay the sticker price on one.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I've never owned one, but I've shot a friends and it was great. I saw several on Friday while at the 1500. Saw some SW99s as well.

SOG (southernohiogun.com) has very good condition LEO trade-ins for $399. That's about as good of a deal as you will find (for a used one). My buddy's is from SOG and it's very very nice condition for being used.

Here's the link: https://www.southernohiogun.com/index.php/walther-p99-9mm.html

SOG sells to FFLs only. However if you have an FFL that deals with them your FFL can add you to his account and you can buy directly from them (and then have it shipped to your FFL).

graham88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    Southern IN
    Yes... the demand for higher end Walthers is low I think because of the price….
    I had to drive over 90 miles to get my first PPS and the P99 I was able to get at a Basspro out of town.. But very rarely see them for sale at a local store…. And have not seen one at BassPro in over a year…

I did see 2 or 3 older models at the 1500 but no new ones (Or I missed them, But would have liked to picked up a second P99) … I did see a lot of Pk380 and 22’s...there every where because of the price…
    And I think that is a shame because the P22 & PK380 are nothing like the P99 or PPS in build quality!

They are well made and feel great to shoot.. Truly a misrepresented gun….

Top Bottom