Who to have fix a dented shotgun barrel?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    I’ve got a nice Spanish made 12ga SxS that has picked up a small dent in the left barrel. It’s minor and doesn’t seem to affect patterning but it is noticeable inside the barrel. The biggest issue is that it bothers me… gun shoots fine.

Any suggestions on who to have fix it, preferably within an hour or so of Indy?

Thanks!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I’ve got a nice Spanish made 12ga SxS that has picked up a small dent in the left barrel. It’s minor and doesn’t seem to affect patterning but it is noticeable inside the barrel. The biggest issue is that it bothers me… gun shoots fine.

Any suggestions on who to have fix it, preferably within an hour or so of Indy?

Thanks!
    It's not that hard of a repair, you just have to have the right tool. Check with Highsmiths in Greenfield, they do a lot of general gunsmithing and may have the tools.

John Trap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2022
    Chicagoland
    If you can't find someone semi-local, the guys up at Kolar, in Racine Wisconsin are like magicians. And the Grand is coming up, next month, in Sparta Illinois. There are an assortment of gunsmiths there.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    There was a gun smith Jim wiggins. Was in putnam County. He did alot of work for all the shotgun guys I know. I believe his son took over the business. He did good work. Im not having luck finding his contact info. Maybe some here can.

Top Bottom