• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    If you are in central Indiana and own a dump truck, ill trade you a place to shoot occasionally for your services. and ill pay you well, I am just looking for some guys who one their own trucks to come and haul some dirt while I dig a pond. I am thinking about paying around 30 bucks an hour plus actual fuel costs.

I am hoping to dig the pond around august, and I will be needing dirt hauled several days in a row.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    May also try local trucking companies. Depending on the jobs they have going and if they need fill you may luck out and get it hauled free. This time of year we have a shortage of fill.

Another avenue is listing on CL for "Free Fill Dirt - you haul away" but then you have to deal with all the CL freeloading Creepers!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I cannot store the dirt in the flood plain where the pond will be going, so there is going to be no storing of dirt on the property besides a bit used for a small berm at the front. besides, where I am at I can shoot whatever I want whenever I want it from my back door.

I do not want to orchestrate a TON of craigslisters wanting a load here or a load there, I will have anywhere from 150-300 triaxles of dirt to haul.

Most companies are quoting me 75 dollars an hour per truck. If I want a pond I am going to have to find better than that so I am hoping to find someone that would like to make something with their dump truck instead of it sitting there doing nothing. If I cannot get the dirt moved cheap, I will not have a pond, its really pretty simple math.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Look for some brokers (owner/operators) to see if they can help you out. Is there a truck stop in your area to see about a job board or look at a Menards or Lowes in the commercial or lumber dept. for sub contractor services/ list of business cards. Hope this helps.

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I would loan you mine, but the brake booster is out right now. That is why I bought mine was for when I build my pond. I also purchased a backhoe with 16 ft. reach. I paid $1500.00 for the truck and $5500.00 for the hoe. One of these days I will do it.
    picture.php
    picture.php

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Dirt/fill can be a valuable asset to a trucking company looking for borrow on a job. A lot of times you'll find that they will actually do the digging and removal... If you are in no hurry and you can offer easy access on your site as well as close proximity to their job site. As stated above, contact local developers and they can in turn get you in contact with their subcontracted trucking companies.

Top Bottom