• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    One of the best "bang-for-the buck" triggers, is the Larue MBT imo. It can be had in a couple of different styles (flat bow, curved, etc.), all for around $87. It's precise, repeatable, works fast, works slow. It's a two-stage and the wall is predictable.

The other 2-stage trigger I like is the Geissele SSA-E. It's difficult to find a better trigger for a battle rifle, with precision in mind. They aren't cheap, but it's typically the trigger to which all others are compared.
    I've had a number of different Geissele triggers that I thought were great,

until I bought a LaRue MBT. To me, that is the best available trigger in the $100 (+ or -) price range and probably my favorite overall.

whitemamba91

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2017
    South Bend
    Any updates? How did you like the two stage trigger?
    Havent been able to shoot his yet but i have a couple hundred rounds through my new build with the alg act and i absolutely love it. Even with the heavy spring its super smooth and has an amazing break. Im actually waiting on a sale to buy a xouple more for other rifles.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Have been a big fan of ALG's ACT.

Recently have went with our own Indiana-based "Advanced Mil-Spec" trigger on a few newer rifles.

Monty does fine work and we are blessed to have him.

how are you liking the Centurion triggers so far?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    how are you liking the Centurion triggers so far?
    Like everything else from Monty, it is fantastic.

However, a lot of it is the TYPE of trigger for me. If you did the Pepsi Challenge with the BCM, ALG or Centurion trigger I don't think I could distinguish between them.

I have the cleaned up single stages on my ARs for a reason, my expected use and my skill level. I mean I know target shooters with 13 pound Compass Lake target rifles want the two stage and that's cool. I see absolutely no circumstances of me using an MForgery at anything like that and I would need to walk shots in even if I had a two stage--not that young (eyes went a couple of years ago), not that trained, not really my jam. If I have a carbine in my hands things are horrible and those horrible things will be close.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Like everything else from Monty, it is fantastic.

However, a lot of it is the TYPE of trigger for me. If you did the Pepsi Challenge with the BCM, ALG or Centurion trigger I don't think I could distinguish between them.

I have the cleaned up single stages on my ARs for a reason, my expected use and my skill level. I mean I know target shooters with 13 pound Compass Lake target rifles want the two stage and that's cool. I see absolutely no circumstances of me using an MForgery at anything like that and I would need to walk shots in even if I had a two stage--not that young (eyes went a couple of years ago), not that trained, not really my jam. If I have a carbine in my hands things are horrible and those horrible things will be close.
    Thanks Kirk, in for one of the Centurion advanced mil-specs for about 65 bucks shipped

Top Bottom