• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alphabrace

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Seems like I need a Dremel for polishing etc gun parts and since I have always wanted one perhaps now is the time to buy.
    Lowes has several models listed on the website but which model do you gunsmith types recommend?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Repeating what saleen4971 said, stay away from the battery powered models. The battery has a habit of dying right in the middle of your job.

nova512

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    west side of indy
    buy a flexible shaft you have way better control over the bits you use. im a jeweler and i do gun stuff with mine. i only use my dremel for really heavy stuff i dont need speed control.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I have 3. 2 basic variable speed ones. one is messed up and only goes full speed, but has TONS of use so I guess you'll have that. I still use it for less detailed stuff. I also have a black and decker one. I actually really like it, has a pretty slick way to lock the shaft for bit changes. Check garage sales! I picked one dermal and the b&d one up for like 3$ a piece. When doing some heavy duty stuff I swap them out when they heat up! As said before, I'd stay away from the battery operated ones. Does harbor freight sell the pneumatic ones? Or should someone in the market for an air powered one spend more than 6$ on one? ;) didn't mean to highjack....

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Variable speed is a must unless you only use it for a narrow range of uses. I have several but as a dentist I end up seeing solutions using rotational tools.

Top Bottom