Where Do You Folks Buy Your Guns Online???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    With tax time approaching, I've got a small list of guns that I'm wanting to buy, so my question is this: Where do you fine people turn when you want to get a good price on an online firearm purchase? I have a few sites that I go to for good deals, but I obviously want to get the best price I can, so any help would be appreciated. I know everyone has a few websites they like to go to and check prices at, so cough em up!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The ONE online purchase I've made I went through Bud's Gun Shop.

I simply wasn't able to find what I wanted (VERY good condition used M&P 9mm with no mag safety or frame safety) at the price I was willing to pay.

Found ONE over at PSS that I fondled; price was right, but the condition wasn't what I was looking for at that price point.

Keep in mind when you're shopping online: You'll generally have to pay shipping and then a transfer fee on top of the price. Bud's pricing includes shipping...

If you're going to be dinged $20-30 for shipping and then $15-30 for a transfer, chances are quite high that you can find what you want locally.

I've only been in a few shops in Evansville, but there's a decent number of shops within ~45mins. Plus don't leave out Whitaker's in Henderson!

-J-

chewylax8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    A couple of places where I check for pricing includes Buds Gun Shop, Jetguns, CDNN, and forums' exchange boards to see what a fair deal is. However, if possible, I try to buy from a local gun shop (there are so many good ones who are site advertisers), even if it cost a couple dollars more. I see it as a way to support the local economy, saves me time in shipping and the hassle of going through an FFL, and good times. Of course I go in with a price in mind (which I get from the above sites), and try to negotiate a little while understanding that the store does have overheads and expenses. Hope that helps.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    The ONE online purchase I've made I went through Bud's Gun Shop.

I simply wasn't able to find what I wanted (VERY good condition used M&P 9mm with no mag safety or frame safety) at the price I was willing to pay.

Found ONE over at PSS that I fondled; price was right, but the condition wasn't what I was looking for at that price point.

Keep in mind when you're shopping online: You'll generally have to pay shipping and then a transfer fee on top of the price. Bud's pricing includes shipping...

If you're going to be dinged $20-30 for shipping and then $15-30 for a transfer, chances are quite high that you can find what you want locally.

I've only been in a few shops in Evansville, but there's a decent number of shops within ~45mins. Plus don't leave out Whitaker's in Henderson!

-J-

Thanks for the advice, but I know for a fact that not a single shop in Evansville or the surrounding area has what I want. You're right about Bud's though, they always have very fair prices. When I shop for guns online, that is always the first place I look.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    A couple of places where I check for pricing includes Buds Gun Shop, Jetguns, CDNN, and forums' exchange boards to see what a fair deal is. However, if possible, I try to buy from a local gun shop (there are so many good ones who are site advertisers), even if it cost a couple dollars more. I see it as a way to support the local economy, saves me time in shipping and the hassle of going through an FFL, and good times. Of course I go in with a price in mind (which I get from the above sites), and try to negotiate a little while understanding that the store does have overheads and expenses. Hope that helps.

I appreciate your advice. I had not heard of Jet Guns. I'll add it to my list. Thanks!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    What is it you're looking for, exactly? Perhaps another INGOer has a line on one? Or even has one...

-J-

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Don't forget to contact OUR people, right here, Shooter521, Manager at Bradis, IndyVet, at Indy Trading Post, and others ..... and the Indy 1500, is this weekend .....

Thanks for the advice. I guess I'd be down for a road trip if the price was right. Whenever I have the money in hand I will for sure be shooting these guys some PMs. Thanks for your help!

yenningcomity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    686's come up quite often, but finding a 3inch locally used could be difficult. Usually you see 6 inch the most and the occasional 4 inch.

What does the delux stand for? The grips appear to be nicer then most except perhaps some of the Talo special editions.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    With tax time approaching, I've got a small list of guns that I'm wanting to buy, so my question is this: Where do you fine people turn when you want to get a good price on an online firearm purchase? I have a few sites that I go to for good deals, but I obviously want to get the best price I can, so any help would be appreciated. I know everyone has a few websites they like to go to and check prices at, so cough em up!

i order mine from Applied Ballistics, they have a link to Davidson's on their web page. I like supporting my local gun store whenever possible.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    as a private collector, I'm religious about finding the best price I can on any firearm. When time permits you can usually catch me traveling to each local store once a week to check out new trade in inventory to stay up on available prices. In all honesty, I don't buy ANYTHING before checking Gunbroker.com, auctionarms.com, and buds gun shop....oh and armslist...you get a lot of guys there that don't know a lot about firearms and they either have a great price or a horrible price

if you know how to use a search engine well enough you will be able to find the best price on just about any gun at Gunbroker.com....even if it is a $10 difference, that's ammo for it and $10 per gun adds up.......whatever the price is, tack on shipping which is AT MOST $30 for ANY gun....usually only about $20 though and ship it to the cheapes transfer dealer in your area which in Indianapolis there is a dealer who does transfers for only $10.....after all this, majority of my purchases can be had online for cheaper than any local gunshop....and it's understandable considering they have a lot of overhead to take care of (employees, property, etc)..............gunbroker.com and auctionarms.com is usually at least $10 cheaper on an identical gun than Buds

my order of preference as far as price is concerned is as follows:

Gunbroker.com
    auctionarms.com
    budsgunshop.com
    armslist.com
    LOCAL DEALERS in Indy area
    Indy Tactical Supply
    Plainfield Shooting Sports
    Bradis Guns

as far as these dealers are concerned ...Bradis has an excellent selection and reasonable prices, Plainfield usually has slightly better prices but Bradis will usually at least match Plainfields price if you inquire.....Plainfield also has a nice selection, just not as big as Bradis but they can usually beat their price

until recently Plainfield had the better prices in town, but after dealing with Indy Tactical Supply...he doesn't have a huge selection but if you know exactly what you want he can order pretty much anything and will beat both Bradis and Plainfield prices....but not usually the websites

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    another thing to point out is.....patience PAYS OFF.......having a list of items you know you want/need and keeping your eye on prices on all of them regularly will help you to find the best deals WHEN they come up......you may not always find the best price TODAY at gunbroker.com......but if you're patient and continue to watch prices regularly you will know a great deal when you do come across one and you'll prolly find it during your routine searches anyway

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    www.gungenie.com

Most all firearms sold here carry a "Lifetime" warranty from Davison's Gallery of Guns.

You can buy one online and have it shipped to the FFL of your chioce. Not always the best price, but not gougers either.

One thing to consider is that "Lifetime" warranty.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    686's come up quite often, but finding a 3inch locally used could be difficult. Usually you see 6 inch the most and the occasional 4 inch.

What does the delux stand for? The grips appear to be nicer then most except perhaps some of the Talo special editions.

That actually is a Talo special edition. I LOVE the grips, and I really like the 3 inch bbl.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Jetguns is great. Awesome service, fast, free, shipping. Some of the cheapest prices around. I would go through them again. I bought my PPQ through them, after shipping insurance and FFL fees, the gun ran me 550 total. My local shop wanted to charge me 689. . .before taxes.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I've made two purchases online and both were found through google after a good bit of searching. In both cases, I was looking for something specific that I was not able to find locally. I always try to research the place I'm buying from and then call them and talk to them before I place the order.

That said, I would certainly recommend both places that I've bought from online:

DamascusGunShop.com - Great source for CZ's! They had an 85 Combat in stock. Quick and friendly service.

TheGunsandGearStore.com - Really nice guy to deal with, knows his stuff. I bought a Savage 10 PC 5R from him, because Bud's went out of stock the day I wanted to order. He does have a 3" .357 686 in stock, but not the deluxe model.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Elevated Arms
    Top Bottom