When did armslist become so loaded with ghosts and flakes?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Most of my transactions through it were relatively normal, but only because the idiots, scammers, and criminals usually couldn't talk their way to a face-to-face.

Haven't touched it since paywall.

howdy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2021
    valparaiso
    I actually managed to sell something with a legit guy yesterday. I'm still writing off armslist for the most part, but that went nice and smooth.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I always had for the most part positive experiences on armslist. I haven't even visited the site in over a year.
    Once the fees started just to be able to buy. Selling I can somewhat see.
    Anyway welcome to the forum and best of luck on what you are trying to accomplish.

Franc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2021
    Fishers, IN
    Same here. I bought a few guns and some ammo off the Arms list a few years ago when it was free. All with locals, cash in hand and face to face. Someone tried to convince me to send money before meeting and I declined. Have not looked at Armslist after the pay-to-see. I think this will be their downfall.

minigunjake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I was trying to arrange a purchase once. The guy was adamant about running a paypal gift payment to avoid their hulabaloo (really because you can't get it refunded). I offered to send a certified check instead and got the "well my schedule is pretty full, I don't know when I can get to the bank" line. Said I didn't mind the wait and never heard from him again. Sent his info and the chat log to his local PD since he offered to ship it directly to me, which is obviously illegal. Havent heard anything from them either. unless it's local, its become a crap shoot at this point.

A-Aron88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    It's a shame that it's as bad as it is. There really isn't any other easy, good place to sell.

Is anyone selling on Gunbroker? Is it fairly easy to do?

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Sent his info and the chat log to his local PD since he offered to ship it directly to me, which is obviously illegal.
    uh-but.gif

Top Bottom