• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    How many times have we heard "I should have brought my gun" at Friday Night Steel? I've only been shooting competitively for about a year. Be warned, no matter what you decide, the likelihood of getting hooked is very probable.

It was good seeing you watching. As you can tell, the shooting sports community is always quick to help. I hope to see you next month at FNS or various other events around the area.

jmsnell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Indy
    So, what did you think of FNS? I've never heard anything other than "I wish I would have brought my gun" from spectators :D

It was fantastic! I will for sure be there Aug 13 for the next FNS and likely show up at the first Tuesday meeting to sign up for membership at MCFG, awesome place and surprisingly accessible! I also saw the bowling pin shoot on the 24th which looks pretty exciting.

I definitely said it myself multiple times, usually followed by some expletive, annoyed with myself for not bringing my gun. I think it should be a requirement that newbies bring their gun, just in case. :ar15:

jmsnell, it was good seeing you checking things out Friday.

Bet you'll be ready shoot next time, won't ya? ;)

Absolutely! It was fun just watching, it'll be 10x shooting.

How many times have we heard "I should have brought my gun" at Friday Night Steel? I've only been shooting competitively for about a year. Be warned, no matter what you decide, the likelihood of getting hooked is very probable.

It was good seeing you watching. As you can tell, the shooting sports community is always quick to help. I hope to see you next month at FNS or various other events around the area.

I haven't been shooting for long and when my friend suggested some fun competitions I wasn't very optimistic, but it's so much fun. Addiction puts it mildly.

Definitely! As I mentioned, I'll probably be coming to other upcoming events, with my gun of course.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Steel

i myself am in a wheelchair and would love to get into competition shooting. i would like handgun and rifle, but anything would be fine with me. and does anyone know if you can do a 3 gun competition being in a wheelchair?

I'm not sure how that would work with 3 gun; typically the matches I have been to require a lot of movement on gravel or grass (engage targets over here, then move a few yards and engage other targets, etc.), but there may be some stages at a match that would be possible. I would think that Steel Challenge or Friday Night Steel would be a good fit, as there isn't nearly as much movement during the courses of fire. If you're interested in shooting different types of guns, that'd be ok at FNS; we have a class for shotgun, Pistol Caliber Rifles (typically 9mm AR's, Beretta Storm's, etc.) and pistols. If you're in the area, please check out a match some time:

www.IndyRange.com

jmsnell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Indy
    i myself am in a wheelchair and would love to get into competition shooting. i would like handgun and rifle, but anything would be fine with me. and does anyone know if you can do a 3 gun competition being in a wheelchair?

Definitely check out Marion County Fish and Game, I found it very accessible for a shooting range and the Friday Night Steel was setup ideally for people with any type of mobility issue.

Thanks again chizzle.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I think an electric wheelchair would go a long way at a lot of events. It'd be really tough with a regular wheelchair.

Top Bottom