• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Just grind it and use any recipe for pancakes, bread and biscuits. Its just flour.

Go to allrecipes.com search for pancakes find one with a ton of reviews that are good, then look at the comments. copy the recipe and you are set. Do the same for bread and biscuits. It will be whole wheat flour recipes.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    For SHTF yes. But 3 cups of wheat flour will make a very dense loaf of bread. It will be tasty just dense. Most recipes calling for wheat flour mix it with white. You may have to increase your leavening to lighten it up (more yeast, baking powder, egg etc. )

I ground some whole wheat with my corn grinder, and made bread. The corn grinder does not make it fine enough to really call it flour. It was a tasty brick.

I would just buy some whole wheat flour and experiment.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    So where ever it ask for white flour just change to wheat?
    I might recommend the book: Cookin' with home storage, by Peggy Layton, available at nearly all the food-selling survival supply vendors online & amazon.com too.

She gives this advice (on page 40)for substituting fresh-milled whole wheat for plain flour:
    1 cup minus 2T of wheat flour = 1 cup white flour.

There are nuances listed for if you are using baking powder &/or soda (increase them by 1/3) or yeast (double the yeast).

Top Bottom