• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    It must be something in the water... A fruity tasting powder.

You see the same kind of lemming-like buying patterns in other products as well.

Except of course for the countless numbers of modern military and law enforcement personnel around the world who use Glock (far and beyond any other handgun manufacturer) due to it's battle tested reputation as outlined by the many posts before mine. That widespread use is lacking in the "other products" you mention, and that's enough for me.
    :p :shoot:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I noticed a line of conversation about limp wristing the Glock and causing FTF or FTE problems. I assume the "limp wrist" refers to a failure to hold the firearm securely when firing so that the slide is not forced back sufficiently to load the next round.

I do not think it takes excessive strength to handle the Glock.

She did not have any problem holding the 26 on target, and there were no FTF or FTE problems. Seems to me if a Little Lady can manage it, anybody can.

I know one female who has no problems shooting a Glock, so long she uses a certain ammo. If she loads up a certain brand/type of ammo, she gets the jams. When she loaded up another kind of ammo, no jams. It was the ammo either, it was firing find in other people's Glocks. Another female is a really good shooter, and she had issues with her Glock, so they gave her another one. I think the tolerances are so technical, that the guns themselves can vary depending on when they were made.

I also shot a G27, and it never failed to feed, but then I only shot one or two mags full through it. Same with a G17.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I noticed a line of conversation about limp wristing the Glock and causing FTF or FTE problems. I assume the "limp wrist" refers to a failure to hold the firearm securely when firing so that the slide is not forced back sufficiently to load the next round. (I am fairly new at this so I am not fluent in "gun speak.") I noticed that some one asserted the Glock is especially prone to this problem.

I do not think it takes excessive strength to handle the Glock. My daughter-in-law is a very petite woman of average strength. She has no trouble at all firing her Glock 26 or her husband's G19. My son has told me several times of her first trip to the shooting range with the G26. She put a full mag into the head of a silhouette target (tight group at 10 yds). My son advised her to hold the weapon tighter to avoid all the shots going high into the head instead of into the center of mass. She replied, "I thought you were supposed to shoot for the head.":D

She did not have any problem holding the 26 on target, and there were no FTF or FTE problems. Seems to me if a Little Lady can manage it, anybody can.:draw:

We're not asserting that it is a rampant problem and that one has to be of formidable strength to avoid limp wristing. We are saying only that it is a possibility and one that greatly increases in adverse conditions that could be encountered in a gun fight. That is bloodied or weakened hands from injury, muddy or soiled hands or shooting at odd angles such as over or around cover. Regardless, it is a noteworthy point that glocks are susceptible to this because of their particularly light frames.

Also, just as you told the story of your petite daughter-in-law not having limp wristing issue there are plenty of stories of those that can't. Same goes with men for that matter. Either way, neither kind of story really proves a point by itself. It isn't hard to show that glocks are comparatively more prone to limp wristing. Just try it. Take as many different handguns to the range that you have access to and shoot them while holding on with only two or three fingers. 9mm glocks are almost a sure thing. With .40 and .45 it may take a magazine or two to produce a malfunction.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    You don't limpwrist a 10mm:rockwoot:
    9vs10mmjoke.jpg

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I know one female who has no problems shooting a Glock, so long she uses a certain ammo. If she loads up a certain brand/type of ammo, she gets the jams. When she loaded up another kind of ammo, no jams. It was the ammo either, it was firing find in other people's Glocks. Another female is a really good shooter, and she had issues with her Glock, so they gave her another one. I think the tolerances are so technical, that the guns themselves can vary depending on when they were made.

I also shot a G27, and it never failed to feed, but then I only shot one or two mags full through it. Same with a G17.

Indy317, you obviously have more experience than I, so help me out here. If the tolerances are that finely tuned and "technical", does that indicate the weapon is good or bad? If it works in all but extreme, or special, cases, and can be managed by strong and not so strong shooters, does not that indicate a high quality weapon? If Six Pack Joe or Josephine can depend on the weapon going bang on demand, except for rare special cases due to ammo or poor handling (which should be identified during the training and break-in period and eliminated), the weapon should be deemed reliable, shouldn't it?

My son, his wife, my youngest son and I have been shooting Glocks (19, 22, 26) for over a year (actually, my married son and his wife have been shooting for several years). Probably 800-1,000 rounds each. We have never had a failure to fire or failure to eject. Not one. My son did have a lot of trouble with his Sig Mosquito, but was able to resolve that by switching to a better ammo. But the Glocks have been trouble free. We do not love our Glocks, but we do trust them.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    We're not asserting that it is a rampant problem and that one has to be of formidable strength to avoid limp wristing. We are saying only that it is a possibility and one that greatly increases in adverse conditions that could be encountered in a gun fight. That is bloodied or weakened hands from injury, muddy or soiled hands or shooting at odd angles such as over or around cover. Regardless, it is a noteworthy point that glocks are susceptible to this because of their particularly light frames.

Also, just as you told the story of your petite daughter-in-law not having limp wristing issue there are plenty of stories of those that can't. Same goes with men for that matter. Either way, neither kind of story really proves a point by itself. It isn't hard to show that glocks are comparatively more prone to limp wristing. Just try it. Take as many different handguns to the range that you have access to and shoot them while holding on with only two or three fingers. 9mm glocks are almost a sure thing. With .40 and .45 it may take a magazine or two to produce a malfunction.

Kingnereli, thanks for the clarifications. It helps me understand the issues. Gun fight conditions are vastly different than the shooting range. These are issues for which one must prepare during training. Thanks for the heads up.

For the record, my crew has put over 4,000 rounds through at least three 9mm Glocks. To date, not one FTF or FTE. Of course, the 26 only allows for a three-finger grip and I have not tried with only two fingers. Again, something to practice at the range next time. :shoot:

winchester1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Shipshewana
    Get a scratch or holster wear on a Kimber or Colt 1911 and watch a full grown man cry. Do the same with his Glock and watch him laugh and say,"Gives it character!"

I have never seen a 1911 vs. Glock argument... then again.. I might not have looked hard enough.. just saying!

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    To SHOOTER521

""I don't mean to start a big fight or anything"" Then why did you shoot into the crowd? Go to any gun shop and ask the same question instead. A new G- is much like a well-treated, much-handled 1911 or faithful girlfriend: all warm, smooth and touchy/feelie in all the best places. Easy and natural to do the nicest things well, with hardly a thought! I have more than one of each. Pat.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Kingnereli, thanks for the clarifications. It helps me understand the issues. Gun fight conditions are vastly different than the shooting range. These are issues for which one must prepare during training. Thanks for the heads up.

For the record, my crew has put over 4,000 rounds through at least three 9mm Glocks. To date, not one FTF or FTE. Of course, the 26 only allows for a three-finger grip and I have not tried with only two fingers. Again, something to practice at the range next time. :shoot:

Have you seen the limp wrist videos on youtube? I know they have been posted a couple of times on here so I'll only post them if you haven't seen them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    ""I don't mean to start a big fight or anything"" Then why did you shoot into the crowd? Go to any gun shop and ask the same question instead. A new G- is much like a well-treated, much-handled 1911 or faithful girlfriend: all warm, smooth and touchy/feelie in all the best places. Easy and natural to do the nicest things well, with hardly a thought! I have more than one of each. Pat.

That was me that made that statement and I did not intend it to be any type of an insult. I was not saying there is anything wrong with the Glock, but quite the opposite. I carry a 1911 or Bersa 9UC depending on the conditions but see a lot of folks that swear by the Glock. I was only asking a question to folks that carry one to see what it is that made them choose a Glock. I apologize if it came across as offensive since it was not intended to be.

Thanks,

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    I've seen them.... what's the point? Nobody would be shooting that way...

kingnereli said:
    We are saying only that it is a possibility and one that greatly increases in adverse conditions that could be encountered in a gun fight. That is bloodied or weakened hands from injury, muddy or soiled hands or shooting at odd angles such as over or around cover. Regardless, it is a noteworthy point that glocks are susceptible to this because of their particularly light frames.

The videos show the propensity for limp wristing. How much it matters may be debatable but not how true it is.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Have you seen the limp wrist videos on youtube? I know they have been posted a couple of times on here so I'll only post them if you haven't seen them.

Sorry, kingnereli, but I am new to this group and have not seen them. PM me with the links so the rest of the crew is not bothered with it again. I have a lot to learn.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    I have ran a Glock for along time now and I can honestly say that I love and I hate it. There are so many things I hate about it, but when I can buy a gun that shoots the round that I like and run reliable every single time for less than $400 brand new than let me know. I can't justify buying something else for $600 or even $450. My last glock was $402.73 with tax included brand new out of the box.

Top Bottom